Blame It On The Kyle

This is Season 2, Episode 4!

(Y/n)'s POV:

I can't believe Catra stuck me with Scorpia and her other cadets. They're fine, but some of them are horrible to work with.

"Move those big weapon-y things!" Scorpia orders. "Flap those banners! Uh- keep doing whatever you're doing, guy I'm pointing at! Now do a different thing! And look sharp, Force Captain's orders!"

She turns to look at us. Scorpia is excited.

"Catra left me in charge. Me. Can you believe it?!"

"Uh, no. I really can't," Lonnie states.

I elbow her in the side lightly. Scorpia doesn't pick up on it. She relaxes and leans on the railing.

"Ah, me neither. She must trust me... I can't let her down. Kyle! Man the parapets!"

"I don't know what those are," Kyle admits confidently.

"Then find out!"

"It's the defensive wall, Kyle," I state. "She's asking you to check it."

I get a look from everyone. I look back, confused.

"I lived in a castle most of my life. I just know these things," I explain.

Kyle runs off, out of breath immediately. How has he made it this far?

""Scorpia, you're in charge of the fortress," she said. "Even you can't mess this up," she said. Even me. She's thinking about me! A... Should I get her a 'Thank You' gift? What's her favorite color? KYLE, what are you doing?!" Scorpia is a disaster.

"Uh, you said- I-"

I sigh. Why does everyone pick on him so much? He isn't as capable as everyone else, but why him?

"Go find out Catra's favorite color!" Scorpia demands.

Kyle runs passes us, panting. Scorpia turns to look at the rest of us, even though Rogelio and Lonnie are trying to walk away.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey, hey-" Scorpia says, pulling Rogelio and Lonnie back to the conversation. "-you guys know Catra. W-what would she like? I need it to be something that says... 'Thank You', but also 'We are soulmates tied together by the beautiful threads of fate'..."

"We would spend less time talking about Catra, and more time talking about the defenses," Lonnie says with a lot of effort, pushing Scorpia's claw off of her.

There's a thick silence in the air as Scorpia contemplates Lonnie's request.

"The reason we're here," I remind Scorpia.

Scorpia laughs as she pats Lonnie's back. She grunts as she's shoved into the railing, coughing over it.

"Okay, you don't need to remind me. My wildcat is counting on me, and I won't let her down," Scorpia claims, pointing at the wrong pass. "For Catra, I will defend this pass with my very life!"

"Wrong pass," I whisper, trying to help her.

Scorpia runs to a different wall and points at the correct pass.

"Yes, this is the pass I will defend with my very life. No reason to worry at all."

*Small Time Skip*

Lonnie and Rogelio split up, going to patrol the walls. Scorpia's still buzzing about Catra's present, asking all types of questions I don't know the answers to. Even if I want to... My comm pad rings, breaking me out of my daze. I answer it and Lonnie's face appears on it.