XXIV

A Grand Gesture

North's POV

The days following my conversation with Caroline were a whirlwind of activity. I'm determined to make things right with Aurelia, and Caroline's advice has given me a clear plan to work with. I spend hours planning every detail of the event, ensuring that it will be meaningful and heartfelt.

I decide to organize a small, intimate gathering at the park where Aurelia and I first met. It's a place that holds special memories for us, and I hope that revisiting it will help rekindle the connection we once had. I want it to be a private moment, just for us, away from the prying eyes of the city.

As the day of the event approaches, I put together a series of personal touches.

I arrange for a local band to play our favorite songs, and I make sure to include some of Aurelia's favorite pastries, a nod to her bakery and the things she loves. I want everything to be perfect; to show her just how much she and our baby mean to me.

The afternoon of the event arrives, and I find myself standing at the park, anxiously waiting. The park is decorated with string lights and floral arrangements, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. I glance at my watch, my heart racing as I anticipate Aurelia's arrival.

As the appointed time draws near, I see Aurelia approaching from a distance. My heart skips a beat, and I take a deep breath to steady myself. I've asked Caroline to be there as support, and she's mingling nearby, giving me a reassuring nod.

As I stand beneath the soft, golden glow of the dazzling sun, I am utterly spellbound by Aurelia's breathtaking beauty. Her light green eyes shimmer like e m e r a l d s flecked with sunlight, and her long, cascading blonde hair flows like a river of m o l t e n gold down her back.

Every delicate contour of her face is a flawless symphony of grace and elegance that seems to transcend the very bounds of reality, leaving me breathless and awestruck. . . as if I have stumbled upon a c e l e s t i a l vision in the midst of the mundane world.

Aurelia looks around, her eyes widening as she takes in the setup. I approach her with a mix of hope and nervousness. "Aurelia, you are so pretty," I say, trying to keep my voice steady. "Thank you for coming."

She looks at me, "thanks but. . ." her expression guarded but curious, "North, what is all this?"

I take her hand gently and lead her to the center of the park where the band is playing softly. "I wanted to do something special. I know I've made mistakes, and I'm sorry for everything. I wanted to show you that I'm committed to making things right, not just with words but with actions."