XXIX

A Shower of Love

The morning sun filters through the windows of the venue, casting a gentle glow on the carefully arranged decorations. The space is transformed into a paradise, with delicate balloons, cascading streamers, and fragrant blooms adorning every corner. The scent of fresh flowers and the sweet aroma of baked goods mingle in the air, setting a festive tone for the day.

As guests start arriving, they're greeted by the sight of a beautifully set table laden with lavender-themed and army-themed treats: cupcakes with lilac and sword frosting, maroon and purple macarons, and a punch bowl brimming with a sparkling violet with red beverage. The excitement in the room is palpable, and laughter and chatter fill the air as friends and family come together to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our baby.

North and I stand near the entrance, welcoming each guest with smiles and hugs. My heart swells with gratitude and happiness as I see the faces of those who have come to share in this special occasion. The love and support from our friends and family make this day even more meaningful.

The highlight of the baby shower is the gender reveal, a moment we've all been eagerly anticipating. North and I have prepared a large, ornate box wrapped in purple ribbon, which will hold the secret of our baby's gender. We gather everyone in a circle around the box, their faces filled with curiosity and excitement.

With a deep breath, I nod to North, who steps forward to unfasten the ribbon and open the box. As the lid lifts, a burst of purple confetti explodes into the air, and the room erupts into cheers and applause. The confetti settle to reveal a beautiful, shimmering purple banner that reads: "It's a Girl!"

The realization hits, and I feel a rush of emotion.

Tears of joy fill my eyes as I look around at the sea of happy faces. The love and excitement in the room are overwhelming, and I can't help but be moved by the moment.

North turns to me, his eyes shining with happiness. He gently takes my hand and leads me to the center of the room. "We're going to have a daughter!" he exclaims, his voice filled with awe. "I can't wait to meet her."

Overcome with emotion, I lean into North's embrace, my tears of joy spilling over. "I'm so happy, North," I whisper, my voice choked with emotion. "This is everything we've dreamed of."

The guests gather around, offering their congratulations and sharing in our joy. The atmosphere is filled with warmth and love as we celebrate this milestone together. We take turns opening thoughtful gifts from friends and family, each one a reminder of the support and excitement surrounding our growing family.

As the afternoon progresses, the celebration continues with laughter, games, and heartfelt conversations. The highlight of the day is the moment when everyone gathers for a group photo, capturing the essence of the love and happiness shared on this special day.