III. He's not big three material - Clarisse La Rue, an idiot

CHAPTER THREE

"BARNACLE BOY ENTERS THE CHAT!"

The bathroom incident traveled fast, and soon enough everyone was whispering about it

The bathroom incident traveled fast, and soon enough everyone was whispering about it. I didn't get to hear what exactly they said though. Because Annabeth and I decided to show Percy a few more places around camp to get away from everyone. They all glanced at her, still being soaked in bathroom water.

We showed him the metal shop, where Hephaestus kids usually forged their own swords. Nobody ever went in there except for them, so it was their home territory. We also showed him the arts and crafts room, the climbing wall with real lava pouring down it, and the canoeing lake.

Finally, Annabeth returned to the trail that led to the cabins. "I've got training to do. Dinner's at seven thirty, just follow cabin eleven to the mess hall."

Percy still had an apologetic expression on his face. I didn't understand why because he actually managed to embarrass the Ares cabin, which wasn't an easy task. "Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets. It wasn't my fault."

I looked at Percy skeptically. In camp half blood, nothing weird ever happened that didn't have anything to do with being a demigod. It was definitely not a plumbing problem that occurred in the bathroom.

Annabeth sighed "You need to talk to the oracle."

I blinked "What? You can't be serious?! He just got here. Give him some slack first!"

I couldn't believe she was already suggesting that Percy see the oracle. Especially on his first day. Nobody deserved to see the oracle on their first day at camp, and I was going to stand by that.

"Who's the oracle?" Percy asked.

"You don't wanna know" I told him "Like I said, you just got here."

Percy stared into the lake longingly. It seemed like he was thinking about something, but he didn't share it because he flinched. I saw that two Naiads were staring up at him. They giggled and waved. He looked confused for a moment before he waved back at them.