XXIII. Wrong, drained, sick, and gone

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
"FORGET!"

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE"FORGET!"

The cabin of Dionysus stayed silent until the afternoon hours

The cabin of Dionysus stayed silent until the afternoon hours. Lydia was too tired for this right now, but usually she was the last one standing after every fight. She felt like staying in that cabin for hours until her mind got the better of her. She sighed, waking towards the cabin door. She opened it to find a bruised up Connor Stoll waiting for her.

"How long have you been standing here?" Lydia asked softly, her voice was strained from crying.

Connor met her eyes "Only for a few minutes. I- I wanted to see if you were fine. Well I shouldn't say fine. Because I'm sure you're not. But-"

"I get it." Lydia shushed him "And I'm not okay, but I'm glad you checked up on me. That's nice of you. But right now.."

"I'm sorry, Lydia. It's just of what he said. Devon was already getting on my nerves, but he shouldn't have called you that." Connor told her.

"I understand that, but I was fully capable of defending myself." Lydia was starting to become tired of this conversation, and she just wanted to leave "I didn't need you to jump in for me. If I did need your help, I would've said something. But i didn't."

She didn't mean to sound so rude, but she couldn't deal with this right now. Her life was probably going to get a lot worse than a stupid crush. She wasn't going to waste her time on that until she was ready to.

"And don't take that the wrong way either, okay?" She said "I'm not mad at you. Because you're a nice guy, Connor. I just don't want to think about all of this yet."

She looked at him apologetically, and he nodded with understanding. She was glad he did because she didn't want to talk about it anymore. The nickname Devon called her made her sick, and a whole bunch of bad things. Still she'd know it wasn't true. The best thing to do was forget about it. Or it might eat at her.

The bulls attacked two days later. Lydia stood at the sidelines, defending the grounds so it wouldn't be destroyed. She was given that order by Clarisse which was out of character. But the Ares, Hephaestus, and Athena cabins dealt with the metal bulls themselves while everyone else covered the surrounding areas.