V. This is getting way too real, guys

CHAPTER FIVE

"WINE DUDE'S LEGACY"

After a long hour or so, I started packing my things for the quest

After a long hour or so, I started packing my things for the quest. Annabeth had decided to join us too, so there were going to be four of us. I hoped that wouldn't make things annoyingly complicated. So just in case, I packed a bag that was magically protected. Given to me by a child of Aphrodite a few years ago.

I took a deep breath, realizing that this was going to be my first time in the real world since leaving my mom. For years she had been there for me. She always cheered me up with her crazy jokes, and was there to support me with anything. Now with her being miles away in another state made me think how real my life was becoming now. Huh.

I looked back at my bag. I had packed food, mortal and immortal currency, extra clothes, my sword along with a few backup daggers. I wondered if all this would protect me from what was going to happen. But I remembered that this could be the first quest of many. We still had more time.

"Lydia? Are you ready?" Annabeth was standing in the doorway of cabin twelve. Usually when campers from other cabins tried to enter, vines came down from the roof and swept the intruders off their feet. But I had some control over those stupid vines, so they never touched Annabeth.

I nodded "Yeah, I just needed a moment I guess. First quest and all."

"I get it. And Chiron told me about your dream" Annabeth said "I doubt that'll happen anytime soon, Lydia."

"You mean it actually could happen?" I blinked.

Annabeth retorted. She wasn't telling me something "Well actually, we don't know what it means. But if that were to happen. It wouldn't be for a while. There's no way."

I didn't reply. I just followed her out to half blood hill, where Chiron and a few other of supporters waited. This was the first quest anyone had went on since Luke Castellan a few years back. So a lot of campers were interested in seeing how this all played out, but I thought about how this quest was our life. Something could happen.