VII. No chapter name, i can't explain

CHAPTER SEVEN

AUTHORS NOTE;

This chapter might contain some topics that some might not like to read, but I've decided to include this in here. As an autistic person, I never see a lot of fics on here representing that. And I feel really close to my stories in a way I couldn't even begin to describe, I know it might seem weird to people but that's just how I feel. So there are a few lines in this chapter that represent Autism. As it's different for everyone, these lines are pretty much exact thoughts that go through my mind sometimes. But, go ahead and read now

"TAKE A BREATH!"

It was weird to feel smarter than Athena herself, but I'd probably never feel like that again

It was weird to feel smarter than Athena herself, but I'd probably never feel like that again. Almost everything we had packed for the trip had been lost on that bus, Grover complained about perfectly good tin cans he could've been eating. But luckily my bag had been saved with the magic powers of Aphrodite herself. I didn't say much about that.

Our group immediately left after the bus explosion, walking through the woods along the New Jersey riverbank, the glow of New York City making the night sky yellow behind us, and the smell of the Hudson reeking in our noses.

Grover was shivering and braying, his big goat eyes turned slit-pupiled and full of terror. "Three Kindly Ones. All three at once."

I took a minute to remember. My mind had gone blank from trying to escape the bus that I forgot why we were on that bus. I couldn't believe my first official monster fight had been with the three furies, and it was a bit exciting. Usually the more frightening monsters were saved for the very end.

I was still in shock though. The explosion of bus windows still rang in my ears, but I was ahead of my group. Annabeth was trying to get Percy and Grover moving. But they were still thinking.

"All our money was back there," Percy reminded her. "Our food and clothes. Everything."

"Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight—"