Chapter 44: The Final Countdown

The sun rose over Ilocos Norte, casting a warm golden hue over the Marcos estate, where the flurry of wedding preparations had reached a fever pitch. It was Saturday, and with the wedding set for Wednesday, there was a palpable sense of urgency in the air. The entire household was abuzz with activity, every member of the family and the wedding team working tirelessly to ensure that every detail was perfect for the big day.

Isabella woke up to the sound of soft knocks on her door, followed by her mother, Vivian , gently calling her name. "Isa, hija, it's time to get up. We have a busy day ahead."

Isabella groaned softly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She had been up late the previous night, finalizing the seating arrangements and reviewing the schedule with the wedding planner. As much as she wanted to steal a few more minutes of rest, she knew there was no time to waste.

"I'm up, Mom," Isabella replied, throwing back the covers and heading straight for the shower. Today was packed with appointments: final dress fittings, meetings with the florist, and overseeing the setup at the church. Every minute counted, and Isabella was determined to stay on top of everything.

Downstairs, Alexander was already deep in conversation with the caterers, discussing the final menu for the reception. He had a checklist in his hand, and his expression was one of intense focus as he reviewed every detail, from the appetizers to the signature cocktails.

"I want everything to be perfect," Alexander said to the head chef, who nodded attentively. "Make sure the ingredients are fresh, and let's do a final tasting on Monday. We can't afford any mistakes."

As soon as Alexander finished with the caterers, he received a call from the wedding coordinator, reminding him of their meeting with the band later in the afternoon. He glanced at his watch, realizing that he had just enough time to grab a quick breakfast before heading out.

In another part of the estate, Beatriz was overseeing the decorations, her keen eye catching every detail as she directed the decorators. She had taken charge of the reception venue, making sure that the floral arrangements, table settings, and lighting all matched the elegant theme Isabella had envisioned.

"I want the roses to be a softer shade of pink," Liza instructed one of the florists, who quickly made a note. "And make sure the candles are scented with vanilla, nothing too overpowering. It should be subtle, romantic."

Nearby, Vivian was busy coordinating with the hair and makeup artists, ensuring that they were prepared to handle not just Isabella but also the entire bridal party. She was in constant communication with the bridesmaids, confirming their schedules and making sure everyone knew exactly when and where they needed to be.

"Ladies, please make sure to arrive on time for the hair and makeup session," Vivian said into her phone, her voice calm but firm. "We need everything to run smoothly. No delays."

Meanwhile, Isabella's bridesmaids, who had arrived earlier that morning, were busy with their own tasks. They had volunteered to help with assembling the wedding favors, carefully placing each small gift into beautifully crafted boxes tied with delicate ribbons. It was a meticulous job, but they worked with enthusiasm, chatting and laughing as they went.

"Only a few more days, girls!" one of the bridesmaids exclaimed, holding up a finished box. "Can you believe it's finally happening?"

"It's going to be the wedding of the year," another chimed in. "Isabella and Alexander are like a real-life fairytale."

Back at the main house, Isabella finally emerged, dressed and ready for her day of errands. She found Alexander in the kitchen, sipping on his coffee while reviewing a list of guests who had yet to RSVP. His brow furrowed as he made a few quick calls, ensuring that every last invitation was accounted for.

"Good morning," Isabella greeted, planting a quick kiss on his cheek. "Busy as always?"

Alexander nodded, flashing her a tired but happy smile. "Morning, Isa. Just making sure everyone's on board for Wednesday. How's everything on your end?"

"Stressful, but manageable," Isabella replied, grabbing a piece of toast. "I have to go to the church later to make sure the decorations are set up correctly. I don't want any surprises."

Alexander reached out, gently squeezing her hand. "We've got this. Just a few more days, and we'll be able to breathe again."

As the day progressed, the estate felt like a well-oiled machine, with everyone working in sync despite the whirlwind of activity. The wedding planner, a seasoned professional who had orchestrated many high-profile events, was at the center of it all, coordinating each aspect with meticulous precision.

She moved from room to room, clipboard in hand, issuing instructions to the various teams. "The lighting crew needs to be at the venue by 4 PM. And someone please confirm with the transport company about the shuttles for the guests."

The sound of phones ringing, the rustle of fabric, and the hum of conversation filled the air. There was a sense of purpose and unity, as family and friends all pitched in, doing their part to ensure that the wedding went off without a hitch.

In the garden, Alexander's father was in deep discussion with the security team, going over the plans to manage the high-profile guest list, which included politicians, business moguls, and media personalities. He wanted to ensure that everything was secure and that the guests could enjoy the event without any disruptions.

"Make sure the perimeter is secure," he instructed, his tone serious. "We can't afford any breaches. This is a private family event, and we want it to stay that way."

Inside, Isabella's father was busy helping with the logistics for the guests arriving from out of town. He was coordinating with the hotels, making sure that all reservations were in place and that everyone had transportation to and from the venue.

"There are still a few loose ends, but we're almost there," he said to Beatriz, who gave him an encouraging nod. "We just need to keep the momentum going."

As the sun began to set, casting long shadows over the estate, there was a brief moment of quiet. Alexander and Isabella found themselves alone on the terrace, watching the sky turn shades of pink and orange. They leaned against the railing, taking in the view and savoring the rare moment of stillness amidst the chaos.

"Can you believe it's almost here?" Isabella whispered, resting her head on Alexander's shoulder.

Alexander smiled, his arm wrapped around her waist. "It feels like a dream. But it's real, and it's happening. In just a few days, we'll be husband and wife."

Isabella nodded, her heart full. Despite the hectic day and the endless tasks, being with Alexander made everything worth it. They were in this together, every step of the way.

As they stood there, looking out over the estate that would soon host their wedding, they knew that all the stress, all the hard work, and all the sleepless nights were leading them to a moment they would treasure forever.

"Just a few more days," Isabella said softly, turning to face Alexander. "And then it's our forever."

"Forever," Alexander echoed, leaning down to kiss her gently. "I wouldn't want it any other way."

With the sky darkening and the first stars beginning to twinkle, they returned inside, ready to tackle whatever the next few days would bring. Because no matter how busy or chaotic things got, they had each other—and that was all they needed.