Chapter 50

CHAPTER 50

Nagising akong masakit ang ulo ko at nakaupo ako sa lapag habang nakasandal sa malaking poste at may nakapulupot sa aking lubid. My visions were blurred at first but when my eyesight adjusted, I saw a few armed men around in a dim room.

"Vio?" I called, scanning the entire room.

Tumingin sa akin ang mga armadong lalaki at namumukhaan ko ang iba sa kanila. They're from our mafia while the others were probably from the Adrianos.

"¿Dónde está mi hijo? (Where's my son?)" I yelled. "¡Por favor no le hagas daño! (Please don't hurt him!) Mariana!"

I tried wiggling myself out of this rope but I ended up only bruising my arm. Naalala kong maaaring buntis ako kaya itinigil ko na at sakto ang pagbukas ng pinto.

Mariana, in her black dress and black stilettos, strutted inside the room with a gun in hand.

"The underboss is awake." She smiled.

"Nasaan si Vio?"

"Oh, he's asleep."

Fury streamed through my system and my vision darkened. All I could think was how to get out of this and kill Nikolas' sister for putting Vio in this kind of state.

"What the fuck did you do, Mariana?" I spat, my hands curled into fists, trying to calm my emotions because this might further worsen the situation.

Natawa siya nang mahina at lumapit pa sa akin. She squatted in front of me and played with her gun.

"No, no...I didn't do anything to him."

I shut my eyes and heaved a deep breath. When I opened them, Mariana bathing in her blood flashed before me. I admit, it was a fucking sight.

"He's cute, I must say. Nakaka-irita lang yung pagiging iyakin niya pero...bata, eh. I couldn't punish him for acting like a kid. You know, may awa naman ako. I'm not that bad."

My anger intensified. The urge to kill her in cold blood rushed through my veins, it was almost uncontrolled. But for Vio and my kid that might be forming in my womb now, I have to control my temper.

"I could be...his stepmother. What do you think?" She grinned. "Don't worry. After I kill you, Valerio and Vio will be safe with me."

"This...is about Valerio?"

"Bitch, what else? I never wanted to be part of a mafia family. Ano pa bang dahilan kung bakit ako kumampi sa papa mo? To protect what's mine. Dahil sa'yo kaya nanganganib siya sa Marchetti mafia."

Tumayo siya at kinasa niya ang baril bago diniin sa sentido ko. I closed my eyes and prayed to magically transport Valerio's army in front of me and kill her.

"Nothing's yours, Mariana." I glared at her as soon as I opened my eyes. "Anak namin ni Valerio si Vio. Akin si Valerio."

She laughed wickedly and pulled the gun away from me.

"Kung maibabalik mo yung oras, kailan mo gusto?" Tanong niya.

"Truthfully? Noong sinabi ni Jorge na hinahanap ka ni papa. I wish I hadn't requested Valerio to find you and bring you to me so I could keep you safe. Sana pinatay ka niya kapalit ng pagiging pabaya ng kapatid mo dahil natakasan ko siya."

"To be frank, I thought I could pass for an actress. Ang galing ko, 'no? Napaniwala namin kayo nila Nikolas at Jorge na hinahanap talaga ako ng papa mo. I even told your father to conspire with me to find you."

That's the purpose of why papa wanted me to be heartless. I hate the fact that I thought she needed to be saved when her agenda all along was to do me harm.