Chapter 4

Timeskip - This takes place around November 2020

Reputation

It's been about three months since Folklore joined us. I have to admit, she's not bad. She's quiet and knows how to mind her own business which I appreciate. You can never get enough peace around here with Debut and Fearless acting like little children.

Everyone else, including Lover, was asleep but I was watching TV downstairs. The effects of having a messed up sleep schedule I guess. The sound of footsteps coming down the stairs caught my attention and made me check who was up at this hour.

"Folklore? What are you up to?"

"Just getting some painkillers."

"You don't look too good." She looked pale and exhausted. "Take a seat. I'll make some tea for you."

My tea making skills weren't too bad. It was never my favourite thing but I drank it sometimes and made it quite a lot for Lover. Grabbing some painkillers and the tea, I headed back to the living room.

"Here you go." I said handing the cup and tablets to Folklore.

"Thanks."

"Do you want me to get you anything else?"

"No, I'll be fine. Thanks though. This is just one of my migraine episodes."

"Oh. Well, do you wanna watch some TV or anything?"

"Sure. How about Bluey?"

"Bluey?? That's a children's cartoon."

"I know you watch it Reputation. Kinda hard to mistake the opening intro."

"Fine." I sighed knowing there was no point in denying it.
"Maybe I do watch it but only because it's entertaining. And you can call me Rep you know. I've said this before, you don't have to be so formal."

Folklore nodded and took a sip of her tea.

The two of us watched their escapades on TV for a while until my mind started to wander. I had something I wanted to ask Folklore about.

"Hey Folklore? Folklore?" I leaned over to see if she was okay. "Oh. You're sleeping."

A sigh escaped my mouth as I grabbed her empty cup and headed to the kitchen where I planned on washing it. I heard a clattering noise outside and walked over to the window.

"What the fuck was that." My mind was racing with possibilities about the source of the noise.

I flicked on the switch for the outdoor light. There was no one visible but I wasn't taking chances. My hands wrapped around a knife and then pushed the door to our backyard open.

"Who's there?! Come out you dumb ass! "

I looked around for a few more minutes but couldn't see anyone. Maybe it was the wind or a raccoon. I went back inside and locked the door again.

Returning to the living room, I laid a blanket over Folklore and headed upstairs to bed where Lover was fast asleep, settling in next to her and drifting off.

Lover

"Rep, wake up."

"Noo."

"Rep-" I poked her arm gently "We have a reservation for lunch and we are not missing it because you decided that your sleep schedule needs to mirror that of an owl."

"Why are we talking about owls. It's too early."

"It's 9am. Come on" My body leaned in closer to hers and I planted a few kisses on her cheeks.