9. Back to work

Charlotte rolled over and looked at the time. She sighed before getting out of bed, knowing she had work, so she wouldn't have time to go back to sleep. Charlotte got herself ready quickly and hardly paid attention to Mia.

On the drive to work, Charlotte just looked out the window as Mia drove her to work. Parking in the car park, she looked over at Charlotte before taking her hand in her own. "Char nothing will happen. It will all be okay, sweetheart. I will be here to pick you up from your shift, and Marjorie is here. So is Auts and Winter, sorscha." Mia whispered while looking at all the cars. Charlotte just nodded slightly.

After a while, Mia got out of the car, grabbed Charlottes' bag out of the back, and walked to hold her hand as she got out of the car. "I will walk you in and get you settled. It will be okay." she whispered as they walked across the car park and straight to the office. "Alright, my love." Marjorie greeted Charlotte the second she walked in, and she nodded slightly back. "You are in with the babies today with Winter and Sorscha as Mia asked, so don't worry, it's all okay." she spoke calmly, and Charlotte picked at her nails nervously. "I need to speak to Winter, so I will walk you down to the room." Autumn said as she stood up from her desk holding paperwork. Charlotte nodded slightly as Mia squeezed her hand. "I will be here to pick you up, I will meet you in the office after your shift. You are fine and safe, so don't worry." she said before letting go of Charlotte. Autumn walked beside her down to the baby room.

"Marj, she's really off today, so can she sit with you and have lunch because when she's anxious, you know she hates eating. Char thinks she didn't pack lunch, but i did put some little bits in a box for her, so if she starts to argue, tell her that or set Aut on her." mia explained to Marjorie. The manager nodded as she took everything in. "Mia, she will be fine. Everyone will keep an eye on her today. I've warned Sorscha and Winter,  and they have promised to tell us if anything goes wrong, and they said they will do the hand overs, so shes not overwhelmed by anything." Marjorie told the mean red head as she nodded before saying her goodbyes and leaving. Heading to the shop before going home to catch up on some sleep and setting up surprises for Charlotte when she gets home.

Charlottes day started smoothly. Winter and Sorscha took care of the hand overs while Charlotte took care of breakfast, making a mess as usual. The group decided to stay together all day instead of splitting up like they normally would.

As the morning went on, the group worked together to keep things moving smoothly. At snack time, the phone rang to which Sorscha picked up to a distressed Marjorie. Sorscha glanced at Charlotte before looking back at the children. "Okay, that's fine.... thank you.... We will dont worry.... It's okay.... everything is fine." she said before putting the phone down. "That was Marjorie, and she has asked that one of us needs to put Poppy down for her nap now as Mum rang in. She forgot to mention it this morning. Charlotte, as she's in your group today, would you mind?" Sorscha lied while thinking on the spot. Charlotte nodded before taking Poppy into the sleep nursery, shutting the door slightly behind her. "David is here. He's probably looking for char, so she needs to stay hidden. Auts and Marj are on it, which is why I've sent her away." Sorscha whispered to Winter. He nodded slightly before walking to lock the baby room door. "It's fine, we are all here." he whispered.

Sorscha watched him quietly. "Even if there was a problem, Mia is just a phone call away. I'm hoping she's been called." Sorscha mumbled before looking to find Mias number on the phone. As she was on the board of directors, it was saved for emergencies. "I might call her just incase but i dont want to wind her up" she said nervously, winter sighed "just do it, better to have been called twice than not at all" he told her. With that, Sorscha took a deep breath before pressing the green button.

"Hey, it's Sorscha.... she's fine, well for now.... He's in the car park... auts.... yeah, we are here.... it will be okay.... see you later." Winter watched sorscha on the phone while shutting the blinds and locking down the room. Before going back to the children at snack time. "She's on her way, but for now, she's asked we keep her out the way the best we can." Sorscha spoke, and winter nodded.

"She's going to freak," Sorscha mumbled as Charlotte walked back in. "Who is going to freak?" she asked. Winter sighed and stepped forward. "Listen calmly. Okay, but David is here, but Auts is on it, and Mia is on her way, and i think i heard Reeces voice. The door is locked, and we are here, okay? Just please try your best to keep quiet." Winter told her as he took her hands in his own as they shook slightly. "Charlie, it's going to be okay." she whispered before looking at the door as shouting started outside the door. "Go in the sleep nursery and just keep quiet. We promise you will be okay.  When Mia gets here, she will get you and take you home.  We just need to wait for mia." she told her softly.

After a stressful 10 minutes, there was a knock on the door. Charlotte ran and hid in the darkest corner of the sleep nursery, and Sorscha went to unlock the door. "Where's Char?" Mia asked quickly, Charlotte slowly came out of hiding. "We are going home now,  come on quickly," she told her girlfriend. She moved quickly and took hold of her hand. She practically dragged her to the car.

The drive home was silent, and Charlotte stared blankly out the window while Mia drove. "Baby, what are you thinking?" Mia asked, snapping her from her trance. "Actually, nothing, I'm just quiet, i promise." she whispered, being honest with her. "Well, I've made macaroni cheese for dinner, so I was thinking that we could go to bed for cuddles and a nap. Then i will warm it up." Mia whispered calmly, Charlotte nodded slowly before yawning. "Im exhausted," she mumbled as they pulled onto the driveway.

The couple had a very quiet evening, spent cuddled up in eachothers arms. "Mia?" Charlotte whispered nervously as she looked up nervously. Mia tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled at her softly. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" She asked, looking at Charlotte. "I want to go to work tomorrow. I know it wasn't good today, but everyone will be there." Charlotte whispered as she cuddled into mias chest. "Baby, i won't stop you going to work, you do whatever feels right, and i will support you," Mia whispered before pulling the duvet around them both more.