12.*

Shubman was trying to write a song for the past god knows how many months, but other than a pile of papers nothing was created.

That's when somebody rang the bell. He opened the door expecting to see Ishan but it was someone who he least expected to see. Ajai.

"Can I come in?"

He just left the door open and sat on the couch. Ajai looked at him and sat on the couch opposite to him.

"I know you didn't expect to see me here but I just want to say something."

"What? That Sara is getting married to you? Or that her dad likes you?"

"I am not getting married to Sara."

Shubman chuckled and looked at him but Ajai looked dead serious. Shubman raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean?"

"I am not getting married to her. Adrith told me what is going on between you both. Look, I have always liked Sara, loved Sara. Ever since we were little. She has always been my number one and I just knew for a fact that if not her I am not marrying anyone. Last year when both do our fathers discussed the wedding, I was over the moon. I was getting married to the love of my life and she was okay and happy with it. But, just like people say, you don't always get what you want and it's okay. If her happiness relies on you then I am ready to happily let her go. And, if one day something changes and you don't love her anymore, please don't hurt her just give her back to me."

"You don't want her? You don't need her?"

"Not more than she wants you, she needs you. Take care of her for me Shubman. I am giving you someone who is very precious to me. Give her all the happiness in world and don't make her cry."

"I promise."

Ajai smiled and turned around to leave but Shubman wasn't done.

"Ajai, thank you."

"For what?"

"For trusting her with me and for letting her go. Thank you for loving her when I wasn't in her life and I hope you find someone who will love you way more than you love Sara."

Ajai smiled and gave Shubman a side hug.

"Keep her happy, be happy."

"Definitely."

__________________________

"That's what he said."

"Oh. I really hope he gets someone who loves him to death."

"I know, he deserves the world."

"Hmm"

"So"

"So?"

"How's life?"

"Shub."

"I don't know what to -"

Before Shubman could complete his sentence Sara kissed him. His mind went blank, heart dropped and his stomach had a literal zoo going on.

Present

"Shub!!!"

"What baby?"

"Stop telling me thesee!!"

Shubman smirked looking at Sara's crimson cheeks.

"How are you sure we did it?"

"I- well- i- just-"

"Naughty Sara huh? My favourite."

"Shut up and continue."

"Ooho, using me as your audio smut? Smart. I like it."