11.

"Baba please, I don't want to marry Ajai, I love Shubman."

"Sara! You don't love him. He is manipulating you-"

"Baba, please. No. He would never do that-"

"They are here, I am going down, come fast."

Sara sat on the bed with a thud, her mind going blank. Should she run away? Seek help? Ugh.

"Saraaaa"

"Comingggg"

She took her shawl and went downstairs to see Ajai looking at her, smiling. He is perfect, he is breathtaking. From his green eyes to his pink plump lips, he is gorgeous. He is kind, smart and understanding. Most importantly he respects and loves Sara alot. But still, humans are selfish, they want what they need, and Sara didn't want anyone other than Shubman, that was for sure.

She smiled back and went inside the kitchen to grab tea and some snacks.

"Baba didn't agree, right?"

She turned around to see Adrith smiling sadly. She nodded her head and went towards him. Without saying anything, she hugged him. At the end of the day, this is where she grew up, in his arms, this is her safe place. Adrith hugged her back, stroking her hair. As much as he hated Shubman and his personality, he could see he changed for his sister and that shows how much he loves her.

"Should I talk to baba?"

"He isn't going to change bhai. Maybe, I should just accept my fate. Ajai is nice and loves me alot. Maybe, he is the one."

"Whatever you say, but Sara, don't lie to yourself okay?"

"Yea."

She smiled and went outside with the tray in her hands. Soon, Ajai and Sara's parents decided to leave them both alone to talk for a while.

"So, how's life been?"

"Ajai, I need to tell you something."

"Sure."

"I don't want this marriage, I am forced by my dad. I love-"

"Ajai beta your phone is ringing."

Sara and Ajai turned around to see Advaith. Ajai went upto to him, took the phone and left to attend the call.

"Sara, don't you dare tell him what you were going to say."

"Baba-"

"No means no. Got it?"

"Yes baba."

Advaith left and Sara's tears rolled down her cheeks, she felt helpless. Suddenly, she saw a hand offering her his handkerchief. She looked up to see Ajai looking at her.

"Thank you."

"I know about Shubman. Adrith told me."

Sara's heat started thumping, expecting him to burst out on her but he just chuckled and sat down.

"You know Sara, people say when you really want something and ask God for it, God gives it to you. And you were my wish. You were my wish and his reality. I loved you, I love you much more than words can express. But, if he makes you happy then I'll be happy seeing your happiness. Sara, I hope you get the love you deserve and I hope that maybe one day you will realise the dept of my love for you. Don't worry, as long as I am here, nobody will seperate you both. And, if one day, anything happens, if he hurts you just remember that Ajai will always be there for Sara. Not matter what happens."

Before she could say anything he kissed her forehead and left. She did not know what to feel, it's true, she didn't understand the dept of his love. But she understood his love, his pain. The pain of not being able to get the love back. She understood why he let her go.

And just in the blink of an eye, Ajai and Sara are getting married in 2 weeks. She was confused, he told her that he will not break them apart but he isn't doing anything either.

"Sara"

The moment she heard his voice she knew exactly who it was. Shubman. Her Shubman.

"Shub"

"Hey baby-"

"What are you doing here?"

"Sara!!!"

"Shit, Shub go hide. Mumma is coming."

Shubman looked around the room but before he could leave Adya came inside.

"Sara-"

Adya looked at Shub and he smiled nervously at her.

"I am so sorry aunty, i'll leave-"

"Don't. Just don't let Advaith know and its Mumma for you beta."

"Aunty- mumma, y-you like me?"

"Of course, you are just like Adrith to me."

Shubman's eyes filled with tears and Adya opened her arms calling him. He smiled and hugged her, this feeling. This is all he needed, a feeling that he had long forgotten and the fact that it is from Adya, his love's mother just makes it even more perfect.

Sara smiled at her mother's and boyfriend's bond, knowing that these two people mean the world to her.

"Mama, why did you come? I mean, you were going to say something?"

"Oh yeah, the wedding is cancelled."

"HUH?"

"Ajai is nowhere to be found. He left a note saying 'Don't search for me'."

"Oh."

"Your dad might come here looking for me so let me go, Sara lock the door and don't let anyone see Shubman. Shubman beta, take care."

"You too mama."

Adya left and Sara locked the door, she turned around and Shubman smiled at her.

"You know Ajai is on our side-"

"I know baby, he told me. He came to meet me and he was the one who told me come here."

"Huh? Did he say something?"

"Yes, alot."

"What did he say?"

(A/N)

That's it for today guys, I have been busy with my school. I'll try to update chapters as soon as possible. Hope you guys liked it 🫶🏼.

Votes: 50+
Comments:12