Chapter 21: Interacting with Isabel

Outfit: 

 Today is the day the events from the creatively named episode 'Isabel' are taking place

 Today is the day the events from the creatively named episode 'Isabel' are taking place. I woke up in the morning and found that no one was home except for me and Jeremy. Guess Jenna and Elena had already left to start preparing for the float set-up tomorrow. It also meant that Isobel had paid Alaric a visit last night and between classes he would be setting up a meeting between the Petrova descendants for tonight at the grill.

After getting myself ready and feeding both Jeremy and myself. I dragged his lazy ass out the door, him whining the whole way. Throughout the day I devoted all my energy into helping Caroline and Bonnie, ignoring Elena, Stefan, and Alaric's broodiness throughout the day. It was hard because I didn't care too much about the parade, but I owed it to Caroline to pretend like I did at least.

When the school day finally ended, I managed to pry myself away from Caroline, eager to get my homework done and go to the grill to see Isabel or one of her compelled cronies. My homework went by like a breeze and I was in the grill before I could even blink, arriving there around the same time as Elena, though I made sure she didn't notice me. I held the device in my pocket as I scanned the area, looking to see if either of Isabel's human blood bags were around in case Isabel needed back up for whatever reason.

I saw out of the corner of my eye that Isabel had sped over and taken a seat in front of Elena, shocking her and putting Stefan on edge. I didn't focus too hard on that though as I saw the gay cowboy hanging around a small table by himself, observing the situation. Subtly, I cross over to the other side of the grill and slide into the empty seat across from him.

I can see he is a little shocked by my presence, but I ignore it. I leaned back in my chair, trying to appear casual, though my heart was racing. The gay cowboy—whoever he was—looked like he was trying to size me up. I met his gaze, offering a small, sultry smile.

"What can I do for you little lady?" He asks, his southern twang sneaking into his voice.

My smile gets a little bigger, before answering him quietly. "I think the better question is what can we do for each other?"

The cowboy's eyes narrowed slightly, his gaze flicking between me and the scene unfolding with Isabel and Elena. He took a slow sip of his drink, clearly considering my words. I kept my expression neutral, but inside, I was buzzing with anticipation. I needed information, and I was hoping this stranger had what I was looking for.

"Alright," he drawled, setting his glass down with a soft clink. "What have you got in mind?"

I smile at him and pull the small device out of my pocket, sliding it across the table to him with my hand. "You give that to your boss for me," I say, gesturing over to Isabel with my head. "And you get a little more respect from her."

He hesitantly picks up the device and puts it in his pocket. "What's in it for you?"

I give him another sultry smile. "Not much, I just know when to pick my battles. Now you have a lovely day." *I say before sliding out of the seat and leaving the Grill and him behind. While I was walking out, I saw Isobel's eyes following me. She must know who I am or heard the exchange so I didn't bother to ignore her stares at me and kept my eyes on her as well; until I reached the door and got out of the place.