♡Chapter 144♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Poppy had just arrived home from shopping at the mall with DJ and Stephanie. The trio walk into Stephanie and Michelle's bedroom where they see Michelle sat at her small table.

"Hey, Michelle." The three teenagers greet the younger girl.

"Hi." Michelle replied. "What did you guys get at the mall?"

Poppy looked down at the shopping bags in her hands. "I got some makeup and clothes."

"I got a T-shirt and a belt and a cat toy." Stephanie lists, taking the cat toy out of the bag.

"But we don't have a cat." Michelle pointed out.

"I know, but the sales guy at 'Stuff for cats' was so cute." The middle Tanner child gushes. "I wonder how this thing works." Stephanie started wafting the cat toy in front of DJ's face.

DJ wafted the cat toy out of her face, but it kept coming back to her.

Stephanie laughed. "Oh, I get it."

Michelle sadly pouted. "I wish I could go shopping."

"Michelle, you went shopping last Sunday with dad." DJ reminded her youngest sister.

"That's not shopping. That's dad telling you what to try on." Michelle complained.

DJ shrugged. "Well, that's how it works. Dad picked out all our clothes when we were little kids." DJ pointed at herself at Stephanie. The 16 year old then nudged Stephanie. "Remember how he'd hold up the outfit and say..."

"'Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?'" Stephanie and DJ mocked their father.

"Damn." Poppy tutted. "That sounds awful, but my dad wasn't exactly different either." Poppy shook her head. "When I was younger, my dad wanted me to be exactly like him. So one time he took me to the mall and dressed me in all black. But then grandma Irene found out and put an end to it." Poppy explains.

"But I'm not a little kid anymore." Michelle denied.

"Do you wear makeup?" Poppy raised her eyebrows in question.

"No." Michelle shook her head.

"Do you like boys?" Stephanie asked.

Michelle pulled a face. "Ew!"

"Do you still talk to your stuffed animals?" DJ then asked.

"If I'm not mad at them." Michelle shrugged.

Stephanie, Poppy and DJ all glanced at each other before nodding. "Little kid." The three say at the exact same time.

Danny then walked in. "Hey, guys."

"Hey." The girls wave.

"Michelle, I got a surprise for you. I picked it up on the way home from work." Danny placed a small bag down. "I think you're gonna like it. Let's see how it looks on you." Danny grinned, pulling a light green hat out of the bag and placing it on top of Michelle's head. The hat had a flower design at the front. "Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?" Danny happily beamed.