Chapter 18 ( Clingy )

Ryan's sleep was interrupted by the sound of a call from his communicator device. He lost his sense of time while picking up the call with his one hand. The other hand became a pillow to Karlyle who didn't seemed disturbed by the sound of his incoming call.

''Yes?''  Ask Ryan while fixing Karlyle to more comfortable position. 

''Are you okay, Your Excellency Ryan? Sorry to bother you but later on there will a meeting that require all the medical team to attend. I just want to remind you about it.'' Hearing Ryan's hoarse voice, the zerg on the phone felt guilty for bothering him spending time with Major General Karlyle. 

'' I'm okay. I will be there later. Thank you for reminding me.''

''Your welcome, Your Excellency Ryan.''

          Somehow, Ryan felt guilty for leaving Karlyle alone. After the soothing process over, female zergs will usually have a fever and became clingy to their partner. Before leaving, Ryan make sure to feed Karlyle. Karlyle conscious didn't seem to return completely yet seeing his blank expression while Ryan explaining his plan. After putting him back to sleep, he then leave. 

''I will be back Lyle.'' Tells Ryan while his hand rub Karlyle's hair.

''Mm.''  Karlyle hum shortly as a respond to Ryan before drifting back to sleep. 

''Cute.'' Ryan thought.

          The meeting was longer than Ryan expected. He somehow felt anxious and couldn't help look at his watch over and over again. He afraid that when Karlyle woke up, he will be restless looking for him.

''That's all for today. You may now dismissed.'' The moment he heard that, he quickly tidy up his documents, ready to leave. As Ryan leaving the room, suddenly his arm was held.

''...Lyle? What are you doing here?''  Ryan shocked seeing Karlyle standing beside the door. 

''Waiting.'' 

''For me?'' Karlyle nodded to Ryan question. He didn't want to do this but he couldn't help feel anxious while waiting for Ryan. He didn't understand himself either. 

''I see. How are you feeling? Is there discomfort somewhere?''  Ryan raise both of his hand with one hand on Karlyle's forehead while the other behind Karlyle's neck to check his temperature. He nodded his head felt satisfied. Karlyle fever dropped a lot since last night.

''It's okay.''  Karlyle enjoy the way Ryan touch him seeing his head lean following Ryan's hand.

''Have you eat yet?'' Karlyle shook his head.

''Come. Let's go eat together.'' Ryan then slide his hand to hold Karlyle's hand before dragging him to restaurant. They didn't seemed to notice the eye stare from their surrounding seeing how gentle Ryan treat Karlyle.

''Damn, is that Major General Karlyle? How come he look so obedient?''

''No wonder his Excellency Ryan seemed uneasy. Turned out his female monarch are waiting for him. And look how he treat Major General Karlyle. Ah, where to find male zerg like his Excellency?'' 

''How about you try his Excellency Ryan. Maybe he will take you as his female attendant.''

''I don't dare. Only crazy zerg dare to mess with our four Major General's male.'' The female zerg from the medical team shook his head to his friend suggestion. He rather died alone than messing with other male especially Major General's male. It's like he was asking for his life to be shorten. 

...............................................................................

[[[[  Triggered Warning!!!!!  ]]]]

          "Knock knock." The sound of door knocking suddenly pull Drake back to his reality after being too absorbed in his work.

"Yes?''

'' I'm sorry to have disturbed you but there is someone that wish to see you."  Says the nurse.

"Who is it?" Drake who heard it felt strange because he didn't have any appointments scheduled for the moment.

"It's Major General Damian, sir."  Hearing that name somehow made Drake didn't feel good about it. 

          Finally there was only two of them in the room. Drake don't know why Damian came, but he for sure know it was related to Ryan. 

"I hope I didn't disturb you too much, Doctor Drake."

"No, you didn't. Then Major General Damian, to what do I owe you this visit?"  

"His Excellency Ryan."

"Yes?"

"Tell me all about his past. Including his late lover."  Damian looked straight into Drake's eyes when he stated his purpose of meeting him. This caught Drake off guard. He didn't expect for Damian to ask about that zerg. He thought he want to warn him not to get close to Ryan. The room fall into silent. 

"I... I will have to politely refuse your request, Major General Damian." Drake clenched his fists.

"I see." Damian expected this answer but until he get the answer he wants, he would not give up.

"Then I suggest you choose Doctor Drake. Either you tell me now or I will found it myself. It would not do you any good if I start to search for everything. Perhaps, including your deepest secret. You know I have the ability to do that"  

          Upon hearing that, Drake was torn apart. Although he know that sooner or later the secret that he kept will be known, but he still scared of it.

"I see you've made your choice. Then I shall take my leave." Seeing Drake remain silent, Damian proceed to leave. Before Damian's hand touch the door knob, Drake's voice was heard.

"Why?"

"What?" Ask Damian back.

"Why do you want to know about his past?" 

"To understand him better."

"Hahahaha." Hearing this somehow makes him laugh. He know Damian will definitely find about that secret whether he tells him or not. He could see it from how determine Damian looks.  

"Sure sure, I will tell you everything although you will find it yourself with the power you hold. But I will save the time for you. To understand him better huh?" Drake personalities changed drastically in front of Damian. 

"Ah, but I must warn you Major General Damian. Once you dive into these secret, there was no way out. I myself almost died keeping this secret, hahaha." Although he laugh, Damian could see there is sadness behind his expression. Seeing Damian silent, he then continued. 

"Now, where should I start first? This time let me give you the choice, Major General Damian. Do you want to know about his lover first? Or..... "

          Drake stop his sentence and slowly walk approaching Damian until there is 10 steps between them. While smiling, he utter this sentence that destroy Damian's heart. The very sentences that will later eat Damian alive.

".... or Ryan had suicidal tendencies?"

TO BE CONTINUED.....