Using The Antidote

"We did it! Sugar Pink's dead!" Said Paul excitedly and as he removed his mask. "We make a great team, don't we?" Asked Derek while taking off his mask. "I'll say we do, but let's make sure we avoid stepping in this puddle when we leave here." Paul said. "Thanks for the reminder. Now we better give the antidote to the girls before..." Derek trailed off.

The boys exchange worried glances. "The girls!!!" They cried. Knowing time is almost up, the two heroes who defeated the bubblegum witch quickly rush to the dungeon the girls are locked up in, only to witness a heartbreaking sight. Both Amanda and Odette are laying lifelessly on the floor. Distraught, the boys drop to their knees and cradle their wives in their arms as tears fill their eyes. 

"We're too late." Said Paul. "If Sugar Pink hadn't intervened, we would've gotten here a lot quicker." Said Derek. "Now what?" Paul asked. "Let's still give them the antidote." Derek said. He takes his bottle out of his pocket with Paul doing the same, then they pour some of the antidote into the mouths of their wives. Nothing happens for a moment, so the boys gently lay the girls down to rest before walking towards the door of their cell, but they don't leave.

Derek puts his hand on Paul's shoulder as they both give each other sad glances. "This doesn't make sense." Said Paul. "What doesn't?" Asked Derek. "Amanda can't die unless she loses her powers, yet somehow she's vulnerable to poisons of any kind." Paul said. "Poison kills all of us, Paul. Whether you have magic or not, they work the same way, though they don't always take effect in an instant." Derek said.

Paul wipes a tear that fell down his cheek away. "I'll tell you, Derek, Amanda was very special to me. Still is, even though she's gone." He said. "Same with Odette." Said Derek. "At least they're with their parents again." Said Paul. "True, but I don't know how I'll carry on without the best thing that's ever happened to me." Derek said. "Me neither." Paul said.

"If you can hear me, Odette... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I failed to reach you in time, and I don't think my life will ever be the same without you in it. Every moment we spent together was the best, and I wish we could do more. Though I'm sad you left this world, I'll be strong for you like you would've wanted. Rest well, my beautiful wife. I'm glad you and Amanda are with your parents again, but never forget how much I'll always love you whether you're here or not." Said Derek as his voice cracked. 

"I hope you're listening to this, Amanda... I'm absolutely devastated that you're gone. I know I did some things I regret when we were together, but you never abandoned me, which showed you really loved and cared about me. If I could change the past, though I'm aware I can't, I'd take back shutting you out when we were teens. You weren't just my wife, you were my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my everything. My heart may be broken, but I know I have to stay positive as well. I loved you so much, and I still do. Say hi to Odette and your parents for me." Said Paul. His voice cracked a few times as he spoke.

The boys wrap themselves into a comforting hug. "We love you too, fellas." Said a female voice. Recognizing the voices, the boys look behind them and smile as they see their wives alive, fully recovered, and wiping tears from their eyes. "They never fail to hit us right in the feels, do they?" Asked Amanda. "That's Paul and Derek for you, sis." Said Odette. Filled with excitement, the boys sweep their wives off their feet and spin them around a few times before putting them back down and briefly kissing on the lips. 

"We thought the antidote didn't work!" Paul said. "It took about two minutes to take effect, but we wanted to surprise you after we woke up." Amanda said. "Good thing we did in time to hear those romantic speeches you poured your hearts into." Odette said. "And you'll be even happier to know that Sugar Pink won't be handing her acid gum to anyone anymore." Derek said.

Smiles appear on the girls' faces. "Oh, we almost forgot." Said Paul. He pulls Amanda's tiara out of his jacket pocket, reminding Derek to do the same thing as he takes out Odette's crown. The boys then place their wives' royal headwear back on their heads. "That's more like it." Said Derek. "We didn't realize we lost them." Said Amanda. "They must've fallen off our heads when we passed out." Said Odette.

Amanda shrugs her shoulders, then brings her family in for a group hug.