Chapter- 2

AUTHOR POV

"Too impatient to meet me, isn't it?"

There she stood as described by Euna- fierce, energetic, bold and lastly beautiful.

Taehyung turned around, after hearing the same voice, which he yearned for, years back, but not now. His eyes widened after seeing a new self of her, which he never knew.

"Nice to meet you Taehyung, I'm Jisoo..." She forwarded her hands, but he stood there all frozen. Euna shook his arms slightly, after he failed to hear her calling him. "Yeah. Yeah. Glad to meet you..." that's all was his potential left to push these words out.

TAEHYUNG POV

That was her voice, my love's voice. Turning around, the sight made the earth below, swallow me. It was her! After all these years. How bad I hated myself for being this vulnerable to her. She remembers my name, yet? She forwarded her hands for a shake, maybe I was too in my thoughts, that she traced it back.

"I hope we can work together in this project." Euna stated, making my heart clench, at the word- together.
After all, you've come back to me and,

I'm making sure, you taste hell.

"Hoping the same." I heard her say.

I hoped we never saw each-other again.

"Yeah." I said blantly. I could sense that, by this time, Jisoo would've rolled her eyes, at my short response. "Mam, it's time for the meeting." Jisoo's secretary, I guess, informed her. We four entered the cabin, the cabinet table flashed with the board of her name-

Kim Jisoo,
CEO

I hate to admit, I'm proud seeing her like this. Self-realiant, independent, what not. We sat in the opposite direction, meant to be opposite to each other right? "Mam, can we wait for 10 minutes? We have a technical issue and..." her secretary was cut off. "That's a damn lot time, I can't wait that long. Guess, Mr. Taehyung also cannot wait for 10 minutes." Jisoo mocked.

10 minutes? I waited for 3 fucking years!

"That's not an issue, we'll wait. Right Sir?" Euna looked at me and I nodded. I took out my mobile and texted Ava.

Ava 🖤

Good morning Taehyung.
Had breakfast?
Don't run late to the meeting, the schedule has been updated.

Yeah Ava.
Reached the destination.
Can you just get ready and wait for me?

She knew everything, including my updated schedule. I slid my phone inside my pocket and waited for her response, though I knew she wouldn't deny my request. That's the sweetest part about her. I don't really know, how she made me fall for her, but I certainly feel like, I'm not loving her, as much as she deserves to be.

JISOO POV

WOAH! I did not expect Taehyung to be here. I heard that he has taken over the position of CEO from his father. If I'd have known that the meeting was with him, I would've cancelled it, a long ago. The same nonchalant responses- his usual habit, as I've observed, years ago.
"Excuse me." Taehyung excused himself and went out of my cabin. "What's wrong with him?" I asked his secretary, Euna. "Sir can't stay in places for very long time. It disturbs him." Well, this was a new side of his. I never knew this. I could see him from the slight reflection on the glass, talking to someone, smiling. I wonder who he is talking to, "Your boss got a girlfriend?" I looked at Euna. To which she just nodded. "Ava, her name." Nice name though. "Since how many years have they been together?" I asked her again.

"Since three months, it was Ava who found herself into sir." Euna stated. "So your boss doesn't really love her?" I raised my eyebrows. "Why won't he, when she is like his lifeline?" Lifeline... what a great way to portray the importance of a person. "So your boss-" I stopped my words in the middle, as I saw Taehyung entering the cabin, clearing his throat.
"You can call by my name, instead saying- your boss everytime." He adjusted his tie and sat exactly opposite to me. "Are we all set?" I looked at my secretary. "Yeah mam. We are all set for the presentation." She informed me, as the employees came in one by one and greeted both Taehyung and me. "We are sorry fpr the delay mam. The technical team faced..." William, one of the employee, was explaining the situation, while Taehyung stopped him.

"Whatever happened has happened. It cannot be repaired or erased.
Either it makes us regret or grieve for.
Isn't it, Mrs. Ronan?" I choked and gasped for air, I know that he knows I'm married. But what was the point in saying it in front of everyone? "Yeah. Mr.Kim." I nodded. He had that fucking smirk plastered on his lips.
"We'll proceed." Taehyung motioned as the meeting took place swimmingly. After a while, both the company accepted this deal and reached out, working together.
"I hope, everything goes well. We're so excited for this project." I forwarded my hands anticipating Taehyung to accept it. Ofc he did, and as soon as he retraced his hands back, he wiped his hands with a tissue. Wow! Never expected this.

Once we both came out the room, I called Taehyung. "We need to talk." I stated as he turned back to look at me. "There's nothing to talk about." He said nonchalantly. "There's a lot to speak." I said back. "Hurry up. I have to go." Maybe a date with his girlfriend? "How are you?" I asked. "Is that all you've got to ask? Then, I'm fine." He said blandly. I hated how I fell on top of him to talk, I fucking need to stop this. "How are you? Your husband?" He asked. Is he really asking, or formality or just curious about my life?

TAEHYUNG POV

I better leave this place, even before Jisoo stops me. "We need to talk." Shit! Her voice made me stop my trail. Was there anything to talk about?
Maybe no.
"There's a lot to talk." Yeah right? Lot to talk and clarify, but not now. "Hurry up. I need to go." No. If I talked a lot to you, I might end up every ounce of self-control I had, all these years. How am I?
Worse than before, but Ava is healing me slowly. I was curious about her marital life, "How am I? All you see." She answered. What about the second question? "How's your married life?" I asked, sliding my hands in my pockets. "As it is. Neither pacing nor slowing." That was a bit of a trick, as she answered. I just nodded. "Got a girlfriend right?" I was taken aback, how come she knew it. I hesitated for a moment to answer, "No need to hesitate. Ava's her name right?" I just nodded. "Euna said me." So it's Euna who spilled everything.

"Fine. I'll take my leave now." I turned around and came out the building to see many reporters from various channels, surrounding the building's front part.