Holy Spirit Within

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, and in his hand was a glowing coal that he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said: Now that this has touched your lips, your wickedness is removed and your sin is atoned for. (Ezekiel 6:6-7)

I'm introducing a whole new series called, "Birthday Gift" series. These are five articles where I'm going to discuss about the Holy Spirit, a gift of Jesus for us. 

(Caption: It was love that we're not consumed by fire, it was love that God, the Father holds back his flaming anger to us).

Now Ezekiel and the entire tribe of Judah were being exiled to the Babylon. The whole nation was in despair for not adhering to Jeremiah's prophecy. A young priest called Ezekiel saw a vision of God in the river Chebar and after that succeeding visions have appeared to him. There was this seraphim giving him a scroll to eat.

And a seraphim said to me, "Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel." So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat. Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth. (Ezekiel 3:1-3)

(This event I'm going to tell you happened last year).

It has always been difficult to breathe after the Pentecost and I don't know why, especially if I'm in a place that had heavier atmosphere, and I need to take double breathe to fill me up. I haven't been like this before; I've always been a logical person. If this didn't happen to me, I wouldn't believe it myself.

But I have one antidote: that thirst for God.

I've started craving for God in the Holy Eucharist. I've began to smell a tasty aroma when I entered the church premises during mass. One thing I knew, it felt like there's feast inside and there was a buffet table at the altar. And there was this desire in my heart that magnetize me to enter the church: it was ecstasy.

What is this feeling? It sending me chills all over my body. God is real and the spirit realm is true, and the Holy Spirit is guiding me to the truth. Is this what Jesus means when he said this here:

I did not tell you this from the beginning, because I was with you. But now, I'm going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me, "Where are you going?" But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts, But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I don't go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation; sin because they don't believe me, righteousness, because I'm going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation because the ruler of this world has been condemned (John 16: 4-10).