Believe in Yourself

"The God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless, made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze" (Psalm 18:32-34).

 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze" (Psalm 18:32-34)

(Picture from a blog)

Today I receive all of God's love for me.

Today I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God's universe.

Today I open myself to God's blessings, healing, and miracles.

Today I open myself to God's Word, so that I become more like Jesus every day.

Today I proclaim that I'm God's Beloved, I'm God's Servant, I'm God's Powerful Champion,

And because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus name. Amen.

[Novena to God's Love by Bo Sanchez]

Believe in yourself because there's a God who believes in you. – Bro Alvin Barcelona.

The Two Kinds of Confidence

In the Bible, there's a man named David who defeated Goliath. Later on, he became the King of Israel, and such a great King he was that his name was known throughout all ages and until now. (1 Samuel Chapter 17)

But first he started as being a shepherd. It was a thankless job, but David was committed to that job. He was grateful for it. That's why God rewarded him. But it's not the kind of material things people may want nowadays. No, it was anointing. But it's not just a simple anointing. It's an anointing that comes straight from God.

David and His Overwhelming Confidence

According to the story, he was just a small kid – a skinny teenager. But God choose him among all brusque and noble men of Israel, and give him power greater than them.

But do you think it's the anointing that made him powerful, so powerful that he defeated Goliath?

Indeed, Goliath is a well-built and trained soldier, while David is only a small, skinny, shepherd boy.

But I think it's David's confidence that made the difference. You see, he is already talented. God is already with him. But David believe in himself, when no one else does, and even when his own family didn't too. Because of it, the anointing became more powerful. Powerful it was that it moved mountains.