Blessed Are the Children for The Kingdom of God are Theirs

"Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the kingdom of heaven belongs to those who are like these children". (Mat 19:14 NLV)

Today I receive all of God's love for me

Today I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God's universe.

Today I open myself to God's blessings, healing, and miracles.

Today I open myself to God's Word, so that I become more like Jesus every day.

Today I proclaim that I'm God's Beloved, I'm God's Servant, I'm God's Powerful Champion,

And because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus name. Amen.

[Novena to God's Love by Bo Sanchez]

 At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Jesus called a child over, placed it in their midst and said, "Amen, I say to you unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me.

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea...than to be thrown into fiery Gehenna (Mathew 18:1-9).

Did you notice as you grow older, realities sink in? Our parents used to tell us playtimes over. You must have heard these lines as you grow-up:

Better not dream bigger dreams coz it will just frustrate you.

Be realistic, we're only poor.

Don't stand out; blend in.

Give it up already coz you can't do it.

I'm only trying to protect you.

Grow up. You're not a child anymore, and so on...

The result is we started to distance ourselves from fantasies— we stop believing – and even stop talking to God in prayers because it's childish and if people knew it they'll laugh at us. But you know what? I think to be a real adult has rather something to do with giving up to a lot of negative things like being self-centered, procrastination, and an easy-go-lucky life. And to be serious. Be serious in serving God: to be selfless, and eager like a child, in loving Him and the people around us.

Being a child doesn't mean to become an immature adult, but really to have the admirable qualities of a child. Who has a wild imagination, courage to dream big, curious of little things, innocent and pure, earnest, laugh often and out loud, not worried of the things of this world, plays and have fun like life is just simply fascinating, grateful every day, and even wonder of the simplest of things.

Because grown-ups stop growing. They're stuck. They only care about impressing other people. But children explore, children grow. They draw near to God often, and sing praises to Him, and their laughter are as peaceful as the morning sun, echoes to heaven.

# Dear Lord, help us to be like children, to have a clean heart so we can be happy every day, and when we die, be able to enter Your Kingdom and finally see you

 How about you? What do you think of being like a young at heart?