Focus on Your Destiny Not On Your History

"All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old."

(Psalm 139:16 NCV)

Today I receive all of God's love for me

Today I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God's universe.

Today I open myself to God's blessings, healings, and miracles.

Today I open myself to God's Word, so that I become more like Jesus every day.

Today I proclaim that I'm God's Beloved, I'm God's Servant, I'm God's Powerful Champion,

And because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus name. Amen.

[Novena to God's Love by Bo Sanchez]

One day, I accidentally broke my flash drive. When I connect it back to my laptop, it became unresponsive, telling me I have to reformat it. I was half-paralyzed to death because everything I've been working on my books is there. Basically, I haven't just lost my books, but I felt like I was losing my dreams as well...

Okay, I have saved up a back-up of my works but not as near to the progress I've made so far. Yes, not even a bit of my new-almost-finished-small book, a rough draft of my short story, newsletters, and a complicated plot twist of my saga. In short, I have become so complacent with my flash drive.

Sometimes in life, problems occur at an unexpected time and place. It can even be at those moments when everything is perfect. I can still remember how I was feeling so great that day, and even expected that it would be like that the whole day. So when my flash drive just suddenly broke, it made me half-paralyze, because just minutes ago I was laughing. But I hadn't immediately gave up. I tried researching everything in the web how to repair a physically damage flash drive or just simply restore its data. Then, when I'd finally opened the thing and found out that it's the internal chip that broke, I was forced to accept what was lost...

When we encountered loss like this, we always tried to restore or repair them; may it be a relationship, health, or spiritual. We always want to find a way out. But sometimes, there's none.

So here's God's message for you today.

Focus on the blessings, not on the burden; Focus on the love, not on the pain; focus on the treasure, not on the fear.

In other words, don't focus on the things that were lost. Focus instead to things that are about to come. Focus on Jesus' love.

Yes, I lost something. I lost a lot. But I won't focus on it. I will focus on moving forward. It's crazy but I'm pretty sure that I can rewrite them back. I'm pretty sure that it will turn out much better than my previous version.

Be Hopeful. Have Faith Like A Mustard Seed.

Jesus said, "If you have faith like a mustard seed, you will be able to move mountains."

An inspirational author and speaker, Brother Bo Sanchez explained how tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny a mustard seed is. But it's enough to make impossible things happen. In the same way, it's a faith that you need to plant. Friend, you've got to express your faith.

However, don't give up when something bad happens. When you fail or rejected on something, it doesn't mean altogether that you are a failure. No, it means that this story is not yet over because God is not yet finished with you. Keep walking. Keep holding onto that mustard seed— your expression of faith.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

# Lord, give us the strength to trust in you even in these difficult times. To trust that you are always in control and that we'll regain back twice as much of whatever we have lost.

My Lesson: Not to trust to a little fragile flash drive all your treasure. Well, at least, not to only one. 

Have you ever lost something/someone valuable in the past before? What did you do to gain them back again, or did you just let them walked out of your life? How did  it make your relationship to God stronger, or because of it, you shunned away from Him? Let me know what you think.