How to Make God First

Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it. (Hag. 1:5-6)

picture from www

picture from www.newlifepembrokepines.podbean.com

Today I receive all of God's love for me.

Today I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God's universe.

Today I open myself to God's blessings, healing, and miracles.

Today I open myself to God's Word, so that I become more like Jesus every day.

Today I proclaim that I'm God's Beloved, I'm God's Servant, I'm God's Powerful Champion,

And because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus name. Amen.

[Novena to God's Love by Bo Sanchez]

This is a demanding, weary world, where now and again trials came unexpectedly. But there's something greater than all of these and he's ready, willing, and able to help you achieve all your dreams. But first obey what Jesus said: 

Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Mat 6:33)

Note Jesus didn't say seek first the kingdom of God or else He won't give you anything. God's blessing is not a condition like a business trade, where one gives and one gets. It doesn't even feel as if we're forced to worship Him. But it feels as if an invitation to prosperity. Jesus reassured us that if we seek God first He will give addition to our lives – the extras of His creation. Imagine, all of that we seek, our dreams and desires, are just that... extras. But He is willing and pleased to give them all to us without any condition.

But a question lies. How should we make God our priority. Here's some of my advice (that I do) and may help you.  

How to Make God First

1. Give Your First Fruit to God – giving your first fruit to God means giving your first harvest. I know it's already this late. Still, it's better late than never. Because if you make God first, everything else will follow.

Many people today treat their co-workers or reward themselves with branded things out of their first salaries/incomes. But if we give our first to God, we give Him control over our lives. This is like surrendering your everything, your dreams and desires and saying Lord, this is all I have, but you have something better, greater, in store for me. Abraham offers Isaac, his son to God. His only son from his wife who had been barren until her old age. A son they've been praying and hoping and longing for, would be gone for God. But Abraham trusted God.