Foreword

The idea of Journey to Jesus came as a diary. I've wanted to compile my experiences of God and my growth as a person. Then, I named it "A Journey to Jesus". Back then, I never thought of sharing it to the public. It's just for me. It even included my darkest shame and secrets: my struggle to sin, my fall to addiction, my grudges, insecurities and depression.

But of course I've also wrote my lingering excitements and happiness with God, especially in moments of overcoming sins and addiction. It also contained my adventures, my reflections and my hopes and dreams....

I like reading it. First of all, only I and our God can see it, and that I can be myself on the paper: no more hiding, no more pretending, naked and totally free in my eyes and God's eyes. As I've said before, I don't have a plan to make it public. Secondly, I wanted to detach myself from me, to being empty, to look at myself from an outsiders' point of view, and to see what kind of person I really am.

Then, I've come upon Bo Sanchez and his Light of Jesus family when I was eighteen years old. I was so touched by his books and then later on his talks. I even downloaded his talks and played them repeatedly through my phone or speaker for literally every day. I've become so addicted with God. I've become eager of God. Then whenever I heard him preach, it's like something inside me wanting to explode from within and give it to people, to share God to others. I was delirious and ecstatic with joy...this was seven years ago...

At those times, I published this book, "Journey to Jesus," but trials came like storm and I've developed eye problem and a deteriorating health caused by my long-term insomnia. 

My dream to build a "Feast" (the name of Bo Sanchez evangelization rally) in Catbalogan crumbled to the ground. It has become impossible to recruit for teams. 

All things were lost and I really thought I'm going to die. Then, I started joining this organization, "Singles for Christ," and slowly, my body began to recover. 

Fast-forward seven years later, my book still continues and I regained back my health, my life, and my eyes. Thanks be to God! 

I persist in writing my book in the background, hoping that one day someone will read it and be inspired. 

God really is faithful. For many years I couldn't write because of my eyes and afterwards because of daily struggles, but when God said He will do it, He will really do it. For seven years I've been giving up that dream everyday in the presence of God, while crying, because without my book I feel like there's still missing...

Thankfully, I haven't gave up but I gave that up to the Lord, and it's amazing how God works. 

Today, God fulfilled His promise in the day of Mama Mary's birthday. Thank you Lord for coming to my life and my heart. Please blessed my inspirational novel too, "Princess Idol."

 It's really amazing how God can make things happen in His own way and time. 

May all our dreams come true!

To God be all glory!

- Hans Gabriel

Revised © Sep. 8, 2024