Keep Dreaming

Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!  (Joshua 1:9)

Today I receive all of God's love for me.

Today I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God's universe.

Today I open myself to God's blessings, healings, and miracles.

Today I open myself to God's Word, so that I become more like Jesus every day.

Today I proclaim that I'm God's Beloved, I'm God's Servant, I'm God's Powerful Champion,

And because I am blessed, I am blessing the world in Jesus name. Amen.

[Novena to God's Love by Bo Sanchez]

Keep Dreaming God's Dreams

The Kingdom of heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy that field. (Mat 13:44 NLT)

I believe God, even before we're born, has already prepared our shares of blessings in this world, and placed it in a treasure chest, with our names carved on it. By writing our names on it means that it belongs specially for us, and that no one can have it. He even writes "for" before our names, and finishes it by writing "from God".

He then hides it from the world and plants seeds of dreams into our hearts. That's why we know our dreams by instincts. And whenever we do our passions, we feel connected to ourselves, into this life, and to our God. And so the reason why we do everything to achieve our dreams, may it be consciously or unconsciously, is that we know that in our heart of hearts, we're actually longing to be in the presence of God.

But here's what I noticed

But here's what I noticed. Most Filipinos are not impressed by hard work. They depend in talents, in luck, and in miracles to succeed. That's why lottery is so famous. That's why celebrity love teams are a hit. Thanks to Anime and Korean drama, we're now open to exerting effort in chasing after our dreams. But before, they'd look down to you if you're trying so hard, and would say you're arrogant if you're too ambitious. They would also tell you: "mataas ka masyado mangarap..." (Your dreams are so big), and then, "wag mo masyado seryosohin. Kung para sayo para sayo..." (Don't be too serious on it. If it's for you, then, it's for you...)."