19 - Fury.

19 - Fury.

⚝warning,cursing,violence⚝

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Author's POV

It was a gloomy afternoon at the edge of the school courtyard.

The air was thick with tension as Fuji leaned back against a wall, surrounded by his usual gang of lackeys.

He was bored—nothing exciting had happened in days, and Sukuna hadn’t shown his face in their usual gang fights.

Fuji had noticed something strange lately, though. Sukuna was distracted, preoccupied. And Fuji was determined to figure out why.

One of Fuji’s men, Haru, strolled up with a self-satisfied grin, eager to report what he’d just found out. “Yo, Fuji, I’ve got something you’re gonna want to hear.”

Fuji raised an eyebrow, intrigued but still casual. “This better be good.”

Haru leaned in, dropping his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. “It’s about Sukuna. He’s been spending a lot of time with that girl—Y/n. They’ve been hanging out after school, walking home together, all that. He’s practically her shadow.”

Fuji’s smirk twisted into something darker, more dangerous. “Y/n, huh? That girl? Sukuna’s babysitting now?”

“Not just that,” Haru continued, glancing around to make sure no one else was listening. “I dug a little deeper. You know how Y/n keeps to herself, doesn’t talk much about her family? There’s a reason for that.”

Fuji’s interest sharpened. “Go on.”

Haru hesitated for a moment, as if even he thought what he was about to say crossed a line. But he knew Fuji didn’t care about lines. “Word is, her father’s a real piece of work. Abusive. Mean drunk. Used to hit her and her mom. She’s been messed up by it for years. Barely talks about it, though. But she’s got a lot of scars, you know what I mean?”

A slow, sinister grin spread across Fuji’s face. “So that’s it. That’s what Sukuna’s been distracted by—he’s playing hero for a broken girl.” He let out a dark chuckle, shaking his head in disbelief. “He’s always had a soft spot for damaged goods. I guess he thinks he’s her knight in shining armor.”

One of the other guys snickered, emboldened by Fuji’s reaction. “Sukuna, getting soft? Who’d have thought?”

Fuji’s eyes gleamed with cruel intent as the pieces of the puzzle clicked into place.

You, with your tragic past and your quiet demeanor, was Sukuna’s new obsession. And that gave Fuji leverage.

He wasn’t interested in you for any other reason—you were just a pawn. But this? This was an opportunity.

A way to get under Sukuna’s skin, to hurt him where it would matter most. Sukuna might act tough, but if you were his weakness, Fuji was going to exploit it.

“What else did you hear about her?” Fuji asked, his voice low and calculating.

Haru shrugged. “Not much. She doesn’t talk to many people. Just that she’s been dealing with her father’s crap for years. Makes sense why she’s always so quiet.”

Fuji’s grin widened, a twisted plan already forming in his mind. “Good. Very good. This is exactly the kind of thing I’ve been waiting for.”