Chapter Six: Shattered Reflection

Kasane Teto sat on the edge of her bed, staring blankly at the floor. The events of the previous night played on a constant loop in her mind—Meiko’s drunken rage, the accusations, the punches, the flashing police lights. It was surreal, like some kind of nightmare she couldn’t wake from. But the worst part, the part she couldn’t stop thinking about, was the possibility that Miku was behind it all.

Teto’s chest tightened, her breath coming in shallow gasps as she tried to make sense of it. She had always admired Miku, looked up to her, despite the coldness between them. She had *wanted* to believe that there was a chance they could eventually get along, that maybe Miku’s hostility was just a misunderstanding.

But now, all of that admiration felt like a cruel joke. Meiko’s words kept echoing in her mind: *“You think you can just walk in and take what’s Miku’s?”*

Teto clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palms. *Was that how Miku saw her?* As a threat, an enemy who needed to be taken down?

She stood up suddenly, the anger bubbling up inside her like a volcano about to erupt. Her room felt too small, too suffocating, as if the walls were closing in on her. She paced back and forth, her mind spiraling out of control.

“I didn’t do anything wrong!” she shouted to no one in particular, her voice trembling with frustration. “I didn’t ask for this! I never wanted to fight with her!”

But the truth was, it didn’t matter what she wanted. Miku clearly saw her as a rival, and if she had sent Meiko to attack her, then things were far worse than Teto had realized. Maybe it had never been a misunderstanding. Maybe Miku had always hated her, and Teto had just been too naïve to see it.

Her mind raced back to every cold glance, every dismissive comment, every subtle dig Miku had thrown her way. At the time, Teto had brushed them off, thinking they were small misunderstandings or just Miku being distant. But now, in the wake of Meiko’s attack, all of it felt different. It felt intentional, like Miku had been pushing her down from the start.

A surge of rage washed over Teto. She had *tried* to be nice, tried to stay out of Miku’s way, even when her own popularity started rising. But no matter what she did, Miku had always kept her at arm’s length, never giving her a chance.

“Fine,” Teto muttered under her breath, her eyes burning with unshed tears. “If that’s how you want it, Miku, then we’ll be enemies. I won’t hold back anymore.”

She walked over to her vanity, gripping the edges of the table so tightly her knuckles turned white. Her reflection stared back at her—pink eyes wide with fury, her usually bright expression replaced by something darker, something more determined.

“I admired you,” she whispered, her voice breaking slightly. “I looked up to you, and you… you sent someone to fight me. You couldn’t even face me yourself.”

Her heart pounded in her chest, the mixture of hurt and anger boiling over. Miku didn’t just hate her—she had tried to destroy her. And now, after everything, Teto couldn’t forgive that. She wouldn’t.

Teto reached up and grabbed one of her drill curls, yanking it hard as if trying to pull herself back into control. But it didn’t help. Nothing was helping. She felt like she was spinning out of control, her emotions swirling around her like a storm she couldn’t escape.

She could still hear Meiko’s voice, still see the flashes of red and blue lights. It was all too much.

With a scream of frustration, Teto swept her hand across the vanity, sending everything on it crashing to the floor. Perfume bottles shattered, makeup scattered, and her reflection cracked in the mirror, distorting her face into something unrecognizable.

For a moment, she just stood there, breathing heavily, staring at the mess she had created. But it wasn’t enough. The rage inside her was still burning, hotter than ever. She felt like she could tear the whole world apart and still not be satisfied.

“If Miku wants a fight,” Teto muttered through gritted teeth, “then she’s going to get one.”

The admiration she had once felt for Miku had turned to ash, replaced by something darker, something colder. This wasn’t just about music anymore. It wasn’t about who was more popular or who had more fans. This was personal. Miku had crossed a line, and now, Teto was ready to cross one, too.

She wiped away the tears that had begun to fall, her expression hardening. There was no room for weakness now. No room for doubt. If Miku wanted a rivalry, then Teto would give her the fiercest one she had ever seen.

From this moment on, Teto wasn’t just another Vocaloid trying to find her place. She was Miku’s rival, and she was going to fight for everything she had been denied.

The old Teto, the one who had admired Miku and wanted to be her friend, was gone. In her place stood someone new—someone who wasn’t afraid to go toe-to-toe with the queen herself.