4 | different final

It was only a week later that I saw him again. My ego had healed quickly, but the frustration and anger over the situation stayed. How could I had been so dumb, so confused by stupid feelings that I didn't took the drugs with me at the gas station.

It had been careless to think that Verstappen was a nice person, maybe not the criminal I had pictured him. Of course he was a bad guy as these kind of events and his purchase of drugs was in no way legal, but there was little hope inside me that he wasn't an addict.

Seeing him win the last two times, when he had stood on the top step of the podium at the formula one race, he seemed so happy, so normal, and yet he was here again, in the middle of criminals.

I even only had gotten one little package from Luke, not a huge amount that he could sell, so he clearly needed it himself. Of course, the glassy eyes, the throwing up, the anger outburst, it all were withdrawal symptoms.

At least that answered some of my many questions, it slowly but surely formed a statement, the report I would hand in once this case was done, the one that would ruin his career. Drug addict races in formula one, he would be destroyed, probably even arrested for some months.

But getting all the knowledge also made me think of different approaches here. Surely it wouldn't help when I was winning against him today. As I had taken him home and he got the drugs he wanted from me, there was no reason for him to be angry at me.

Winning today against him, would surely change that, so I had to make sure that he was the winner. There was still a chance that he wouldn't even look at me once he had won, but my gut told me that this was the right way.

The only way, in which I would get him to talk to me. Of course tests could clear everything once the mission was over, but I wanted to hear it from him, to more or less have the first interview with him. That was my glory and I deserved it.

Lucky for me I had seen him arriving by foot again, which meant he didn't had a car here. Probably as he knew there was the chance of me winning and with driving back in my car, he had the chance to steal again.

Only that I had to tell him first, that I had no idea that I was him, in a clever way, so he wouldn't get that I knew it was him, you understand.

"Hello mate." I therefore walked over to him as he arrived, sharing a handshake with him, "Ready for the race?"

His emotionless look instantly changed and I saw him looking at me with quite a distance as he had to firstly figure out if I was angry with him. But I was completely in my role and laughed it off.

"You know, I really need to win, cause" I chuckled and shook my head, "I forgot my jacket in the garage of my apartment and once I came back it was gone, so my price from last time was also gone."

Once I shared that little story with him, the Dutchman also smiled and chuckled a little, visibly calming down. He once again wore my sweater but I didn't question it as he had probably forgotten that it was mine already, not sure how addict's brains work.

"That's to bad, but I won't make it easy for you." Verstappen returned and smiled, patting my shoulder before his hand stayed there.

He then suddenly squeezed his eyes together and touched his head, holding onto my shoulder so he wouldn't stumble.

"You sure you're alright? Maybe you should set this one out." I said, hoping for any kind of information.

But considering the little package he had stolen from me last week, he probably needed some more drugs as his high state was fading away.

"You need to let me win tonight, you understand?" he then suddenly huffed at me, pushing his hand away from my shoulder, a cold feeling rushing from there through my body once it was gone.