7 | the truth

"Can we please go to your place tonight?" Max quietly asked as I was driving on the highway.

"What? Why?" I asked, a bit overwhelmed by his sudden request.

"My apartment looks like hell. I was so angry after my phone call with MT and threw everything around, it's really a mess right now."

"Who's MT?"

Quickly I looked over at him in question, seeing how Max was playing with the hem of my sweater, that fitted him perfectly in my eyes. It even gave me a warm feeling, seeing him in my cloths.

"Why did you left last time? Without me?" the Dutchman asked, actively ignoring my question.

My small smile dropped and I starred at the road in front of us. It was a question I didn't even know the answer myself. He was right, I should have arrested him, should have taken him with me to the police station, but I hadn't.

My heart and mind though had two different answers to that, so I decided to take none of them and play it off with a joke as I knew how much the Dutchman liked this kind of humor.

"I didn't had any handcuffs with me." I returned, glancing over at him, seeing a smile building up on his face.

"You could have asked me, I surely would have found some in my bedroom." Max chuckled, even reaching out and laying his hand on my arm.

It was just a normal, unintentional gesture, yet it send shivers down my back. Not because I was scared he would hurt me or do me any harm, no, I was scared about my feeling towards him.

"So you're into that stuff, hu?" I asked, couldn't hide a grin on my own face.

"Not really, my ex probably left it, he was into these things." Max returned, looking over at me at the pronoun.

It was already clear for me that he wasn't straight as his kiss didn't seem like a first time thing, still it surprised me, hearing it from him. Probably because there was still a scenario in my head where he was a drug addict since child, only taking them without any other things in his life.

"Do you have the pills?" he asked after some minutes of silence.

We were reaching Monaco at the moment and a heat rushed through me as I passed his corner, driving over to my place.

"I do, they are in the trunk." I returned, before I looked over at him in worry, "Do you need one?"

It may sound crazy, as it was, but offering him drugs didn't feel illegal, it felt right even though it was the wrongest thing I had ever done in my life. But his silence and the hands holding his head every now and then made me worried.

I didn't want to see him in pain, or in a body that wanted to harm me, to hurt me like he had once done.

"Hm." Max mumbled, before he looked up again, over the dark streets of Monaco, "How far is it?"

"We will be there in two minutes." I returned, driving faster as I really wanted to help him.

Luckily there was no one in my garage so once I had parked I jogged around to the trunk and took a seat on the edge of it, reaching for the bags and the drugs.

"Come here." I said calmly, as I saw Max standing next to the car, his eyes all glassy and his expression slowly changing.

Unfortunately the zip of the bag was stuck so I was still trying to open the bag as the Dutchman stepped between my slightly spread legs.

"Give me the pills!" he then suddenly commanded, his voice low and rough and I instantly noticed how it had changed since the car ride before.

It was the same like last time I experienced his withdrawal symptoms so I quickly glanced up, seeing how his eyes turned dark and his expression got angry.