Lacy

We sat in his car. His very familiar car that I was in multiple times. Yet still, this time, it felt so unfamiliar.

I felt him stare at me for some time before he started driving, but I ignored it.

"What was she talking about?"

It was silent for some time, so his voice surprised me. Especially that it was lower than usual.

"Huh?"

"Yeji, she was talking about something I did last time. What did I do?"

I knew it was a bad idea.

Telling her was a bad idea.

And agreeing to him to pick me up was a bad idea.

"Nothing.....you didn't do anything, I don't know what she's talking about."

"She sounded so angry, though, for it to be nothing. It's like I made you cry or something."

I felt my breath get stuck in my throat for a second.

Felix is not stupid. Any reaction will give it off to him, and he'll know something is wrong.

So crying is not my best choice right now. Even I felt like it.

"Ryujinnie was right. You worry too much."

I tried changing the topic and doing what she asked me to do.

"Ryujinnie?"

"She's worried about you, Lix, and I'm worried about her. I don't want her to spend her wedding period sad cause you're too anxious about everything. Maybe you two should talk."

It was silent for some time. Then the lights turned red and the car stopped moving.

I felt him turn his head to look at me, but I kept staring at my window.

I was scared that if I looked at him, he'd read my eyes.

"You don't have to worry about my girlfriend, I know what I'm doing."

Oh.

Why did that one hurt?

But he's right.

She's his girlfriend.

I'm just a friend.

Nothing more.

I'll never be more than a friend.