Chapter 20: Savannah

My face was so red when I left Trevor's room. I saw Sam. "Savannah? What's wrong?" He asked. I started crying. I told him everything that just went on. "Oh Savannah I'm so sorry. I can't believe he did that. You know what? Let's get dinner. To cheer you up. What do you say?" I sniffeled. "Ya I'd love that. What do I wear? Fancy or nah?" "Sorta fancy. We're gunna have so much fun." I smiled. He helped me up. He took me out to my moped." Pick you up at seven." He said. I kissed him on the cheek. "I can't wait." I said. I got on, put on my helmet, and drove away. When I got home my sister was there watching TV. "Hey Savan. How was dance?" "Great. I had lots of fun. We finished all the dances and have all the costumes. I'm so excited to preform. Anyway I've got to get ready for dinner with Sam." I said. "Okay have fun. Can I help you get ready?" "Sure. Come on let's go." I said. She hopped up off the couch and we went to my room. We picked my black and white patterned romper with a layered diamond neck less. Which is fake btw. I wore my black Greek style sandals. My sister curled my hair and put in a white rose flower crown. I did my make up and nails. I grabbed a small black across the body purse. I put my phone, some money, and extra tampons in it. My sister and I were talking when I heard the door bell. I opened it and it was Sam. "Hello beautiful Savannah." He said and kissed my hand. "Hello my handsome dance partner. You look so cute." He was wearing a white collared shirt with a mint bow tie. He had black pants with suspenders on and a grey vest. He smiled and handed me the most beautiful mint, pink, and white roses. I smelled them and they smelled lovely. "Thank you so much Sam. They are so beautiful. Let me put them in water." I said. I turned around and my sister took them. "I'll put them in water. You just go and have a great time." She said. We waved and she shut the door. Sam and I hooked arms and he lead me down the stairs. This night is going to be magical. "So what are we doing on this magical night?" I asked. "I have a romantic moonlight picnic and other activities planned. You with have the most romantic night of your life Savannah Laurane Roberts." Sam said kissing my forehead. We got in his car and drove away. We talked and listened to the radio. He actually listened to me. It felt really nice. We got to the top of a mini mountain in LA. We got out. Sam popped the trunk and Sam took out a picnic basket and a blanket. I carried the watermelon. -AN: This reference is from an old movie. If you don't get it then you haven't seen it.- We walked up the hill. Once we got to the top Sam spread out the blanket and set the basket down. I set the watermelon down and sat next to it. Sam opened the basket. "Now Savannah Laurane this is a three course meal. Appetizer, entrée, and dessert. First Appetizer." He pulled out a container from the basket. Inside were the most amazing thing. Trisket crackers with a ricotta cheese spread and a sun dried tomato. I had like five of them they were so amazing. Sam also brought champagne and glasses. "Now for the entrée." He said. He read he'd inside the basket and pulled out a pan of fresh made still warm lasagna. He pulled out plates,utensils, and a serve tool for the lasagna. He handed me a plate and served me a huge piece of lasagna. He took one. "Cheers for this amazing night." He said. We clinked champagne glasses. The lasagna was the best I'd ever had. He said his mom was visiting and made it for us. "Tell her it was amazing and thank you from me." I said eating the last bite. I set my fork down and took a big gulp of champagne. "Now for dessert." Sam said. "Oh I don't know is I have enough room." I said. "Oh come on no one can resist a..." He said and pulled out a big container full of brownies. "Brownie!" He said enthusiasticly. I laughed. He cleared our dished and put them in a plastic bag. "I'll throw them in the dishwasher when I get home." He said. He pulled out small plates and forks. He placed a brownie on my plate and one on his. "Look!" I said and he turned around. I grabbed a brownie from the bin. "What?" He turned around and I shoved it in his face. I laughed so hard. He so copied me and did it to me. We were covered in chocolate and laughing. We whipped our faces and ate and talked. Once we were done we packed up what was left of the food and watermelon. "Where to next?" I asked as he slammed the trunk shut. We went mini golfing, I won btw no matter what Sam says, we went to a boat. Renting place and got a paddle boat. We boated for a while. The last place he took me was the most magical. The pier where he first asked me to dance. We danced and laughed and played the pier games. And even though we just ate we got a big elephant ear and split it. After that he took me home. "This was the best night of my life. Thank you so much for taking me out and cheering me up. It means a lot. Don't forget to tell your mom thanks for the food. It was amazing." I said and looked down at my mint green toenails. "This was amazing. I had a lot of fun too. Remember tomorrow is the last rehearsal until competition. I hope you're ready." He said. "Totally. See you 5:45 am tomorrow." I said. Without thinking I leaned in and kissed him. I felt like fireworks were going off all around us. "Goodbye Savannah Laurane Roberts." He said. "Goodbye Sam John Pottorff. See you tomorrow." I said. We hugged and he left. I opened the door to our apartment. Everything is falling into place.