Chapter 1: Savannah

Chapter 1: Savannah
Hi I'm savannah and I'm 16 years old. I live in Los angles California. I love to make people smile. Let's see, what else...um...oh ya I have a job at seventeen magazine company. I'm their teen photographer and writer. I've met some famous people like Jennifer Lawrence and Johnny depp. Oh ya I also have a YouTube channel called Life_in_the_Savannah (get it). If you don't that's ok but I have around 2 million subscribers and I love to make videos for all you guys like fashion tips and celeb vlogs. I'm also a really big nerd. I have almost straight A's stupid math and I love to read and write. So ya I'm a pretty normal 16 year old. Until one day, one magical, amazing, life changing, eye opening, day that even when I grow old I will never forget probably because that boy I met that day will be with me still. Anyway let's go back to the beginning of this amazing story.

It was June 16 2015 and I woke up around 7:30. I'm such an early riser. My sister, who is 20 and is my "guardian", is still sleeping. Our parents died when I was 13 and she was 17. We lived on the streets for a while and I thought my life was over. I was teased a lot for what I didn't have and my sister worked like 3 jobs to support me and her. I worked before and after school too. After a long 2 years, when she was 19 and I was 15 we both had enough money to rent an apartment. It has one bedroom and bathroom it has a small living room and kitchen. It's enough for us. Plus I don't have to go to public school anymore I get to do home schooling. Yes!!!! I love not having to go anywhere. Anyway, this morning I didn't get out of bed right away. I picked up my phone, which was charging next to my bed, and checked all the social networks and such. I did that for about 10 minutes. After that I got up and trudged to my desk where I got my chrome book and went on no other thanYouTube. After 30 minutes of YouTube time and I couldn't stand my breath anymore I went into the bathroom and showered. When I came out my sister was still asleep. So I went to my closet and picked out my outfit. It was a black shirt with elephants on it and a pair of Jean shorts with some black vans. Then I grabbed my make up case and headed back to the bathroom. After fighting with my dumb hair and getting it into a fishtail braid I applied my make up which isn't much but enough. I put my contacts in and packed up my stuff and went back to the room. My sister finally was stirring but I didn't want to get in trouble for waking her to early. So I just made my bed and headed to our kitchen to grab a breakfast bar and make a plan for today. As I sat out on our balcony facing the ocean I wrote what I was going to do in the most organized way possible, bullet points. So first I was going to "go to school" which was do my work for today, go to the beach, take some pics, and go to work. After I finished breakfast I went and brushed my teeth, grabbed my chrome book and school supplies. It was about 10:30 when I finished my school work for the day. My sister was finally up. "So what's today's plan Savan?" My sister joked. "Well, I just finished my schooling for today and now I'm going to head to the beach and take some pics. Do you wanna come?" "Sure just let me grab everything I need and I'll be ready." She said sipping her coffee. "Great. I'll pack up my beach bag and be ready in 10 minutes." I said. She gave me a thumbs up and I headed back to our room. Alright I thought to my self. I grabbed my Aeropostale bag and I filled it with the beach essentials like a towel, flip flops, sunscreen, good book, sunglasses, etc. I headed back to the kitchen and asked my sister if she was ready. "Are you ready to go?" I asked grabbing my camera off its charger. "Yup just let me get the car keys." "Seriously! We are walking or riding our bikes. The beach is less than a mile away!" "Fine grab the bike locks and we'll go." She said huffingly. I searched the junk drawer and found both of them. We headed to the shed grabbed our bikes and we were off.