45| 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕

I wanted to quite literally disappear the whole time during the special quote-on-quote traditional dinner

It was something I didn't exactly expect to go well but deep down inside I still had more than a sliver of hope that Summer's extended family would somehow accept me.

How fucking wrong was I

I sit on Summers bed my head in my hands as I run my fingers through my murky black hair.

"Goddamn", I say to myself sighing at the stress of it all.

I had to get away for a while because that entire atmosphere reminded me of when Vera had revealed our relationship to her parents, and we know how that went.

She's nothing like Vera though, and thats more than apparent.

My heart warms at the sound of Summer going so hard for me yet I can't help the fact that I'm further straining her relationship with her family.

How I feel about Summer scares me shitless, which is why this feels so much more scarier than it should. My heart is beating louder than all the heaters in this large house combined.

What if she leaves me?

No. She won't

I pull out my phone attempting to distract myself from the increasing volume of the yelling and commotion coming from downstairs.

Subway Surfers seems just about perfect right now

Although as soon as I hit the app my phone dings and I get a message notification from an unknown number.

My heart drops and my blood runs cold after I read the first few words.

I shake my head squeezing my eyes open and shut making sure I'm not hallucinating

Unknown: Leave summer alone or else she will get severely hurt.

The thoughts that run through my head are rapid passing through faster and faster. I think my head is about to explode.

Who could they be...

I respond quickly more alarmed than ever.

Kai: wtf who are you???

Unknown: that's not important leave her the hell alone. we're more capable of anything

More capable of anything?? Who could they fucking be, the way they were speaking made it seem like they had some sort of high authority.