Chapter 13: broken

Chloe's POV

I opened the door and immediately dove into my news, "Hey Red, boy, do I have a surprise for...you." My voice faded off as I noticed the scene in front of me. Red was sitting, leaning heavily on the wall, as if she would collapse at any second. In front of her, the Queen of Hearts was kneeling, holding a knife and carving something on her forearm. Without hesitation, I unsheathed my sword and ran towards Red. Using the hilt of my sword, I knocked the queen away from Red. I glared at the queen, who was glaring back at me. I stood in front of Red, blocking her from the queen. I heard a thud, and then the queen mumbled, "Pathetic." I pointed my sword at her and growled, "What did you do to her?" At that, she stood up, and I followed her with my sword. " just teaching MY kid a life lesson," she said. "You hurt her! How the heck is that teaching?" I spat, my words filled with anger.

 (imaging Chloe's like how she was when she held a sward to red in the fight of are lives in the movie)

 "This has nothing to do with you, kid," she snaps. "It has everything to do with me. She's MY girlfriend," I hear a noise from the door. I see my mom's dress leave the room, probably to get help. "Why do you treat Red like that? What has she ever done to you?" I ask, anger coloring my words. "Haha, you tell me. Look at her. She's a disappointment. She never does what she's told. I'll give her care when she earns it," I stare at her. "It's your job to care. She's your kid. You're supposed to care," she glares at me. "You're wrong. Red is the most caring and kind person I know. And because of YOU, she lives in a world whare she never feels loved. She lives in fear of everyone because she thinks what you do everyone will. But I won't let her fall apart. I won't let her slip away. And most of all, I won't let her become YOU, and that is a promise" I say with so much compassion towards Red and so much hatred aimed at the queen. "She's my daughter. I'll raise her how I see fit." she gives me a scathing look that sends shivers down my back. "Leave Red alone. She doesn't need this in her life. She needs love, which is something you clearly don't know about," she glares at me, her eyes burning into my brain. Before she could reply, I hear a voice yell, "Bridget! Stop!" My mother, Ella, is back, and behind her is Uma.

 Uma walks up to the queen and starts talking to her. My mother ushers me to her. We couldn't hear what they were talking about, but the queen clearly did not like it. After a moment, Uma comes back to us. "I'll have a few of my pirates escort her out. She won't be allowed back here until graduation," she says. "She shouldn't be allowed here, period," I protest. "Look, Chloe, the queen is Red's mother. We have no control over what she does to her. But we can make sure it doesn't happen here. And we can't stop her from coming to graduation," I stare at her, not knowing what to say."But-" "Chloe, dear, why don't you go check on Red?" my mother suggests. I hesitate for a moment then I nod and run over to Red, to which Bridget scoffs. I glare at her, willing her to protest, but before she can, four of Uma's pirates arrive and escort her out.

5 hours later

I was alone, as my mother had to return home to inform my father about what had happened. Uma was doing everything she could to keep the school in the dark about the whole situation. I had been waiting on Red's bed for five straight hours, hoping for her to wake up. Even though I had stared at her for so long, her bandaged arms concealing whatever the queen had written, it pained me to think that Red had endured this her whole life, and knowing that I had only witnessed a fraction of her suffering did not make it any easier. Even her back had bandages on it, indicating that some of her old scars had reopened. It angered me to think that someone who could do this to their own daughter could call themselves a mother!

I was looking at Red's face when her eyes opened. "Red!" I cried out, and she flinched. "I-I'm sorry, are you okay?" "H-hi Chlo," she managed a small smile that quickly faded as she looked away. "Red, what's wrong?" She stared at the ceiling, sadness along with defeat in her eyes. "She... she still hurt me," her voice cracked. "Red, I'm so sorry," I began, but she continued as if I wasn't even there. "She still hurt me even after we changed her dose... does that mean I really don't deserve her love...or anyone's?" It hurt so much to see her like this. "Red..." I didn't know what to say. If we had gone back in time, why was she still herself? "Red... I... it's not your fault." "But it is. Somehow, I angered the happiest person in the world." "RED, stop talking like that," she flinched when my voice rose. "And now I'm angering you..." I sighed. "Look, Red, I'm going to go to the cafeteria to get some food. I can get you an ice cream if you want." She just stared at the ceiling, as if it was the only thing left she could trust in the world. I stood up, and kissed her forehead, which resulted in her tensing up. I sighed, "I'll see you in a bit, princess," I whispered. 'Red's spirit had been broken. It wasn't right that she had to go through all this,' I thought before heading to the door, tears forming as I left the room.

A/N i hope you guys enjoyed that but i think i broke red Oop any way i hope you enjoy the next chapter the next chapter get a bit deep i think so ye