Chapter 21: The God of Lightning

Chloe's povI 

woke up with a massive headache and stomach ache. "Great," I muttered to myself as I looked around and found myself back in a black void. *Sigh* "Nothing can ever be normal, can it?" I grumbled. "I know you can hear me, so start talking. I need to go and help Red," I said, looking at what I believed to be up. "You'd still help her even after what she just did to you?" the voice boomed in my ear. My face turned into a glare. "What's that supposed to mean?" I challenged "Despite her knocking you unconscious, you still want to help her," the voice said with a hint of curiosity. "OF COURSE...Of course, I would. That wasn't Red. Something's wrong, I made a promise not to let her slip away and that's what i  entend to do so I don't care how much it takes, I AM saving her. if you don't have anything useful to say..." His voice cut me off. "Careful how you talk to me, kid," he said angrily. "I'm just saying, your version of help ended with my fainting," I said, annoyed. Then I asked, "Why did you help?" Silence. "Well?" I urged. "I didn't want to see her hurting," he said in a softer voice than normal. I was taken aback by his reply. "If I'm not mistaken, I vividly remember you deliberately killing Red, ensuring she endured immense suffering, all for the purpose of manipulating me into doing your bidding. OH And what became of that? " I exclaimed, my anger intensifying. He could have at least fabricated a more believable lie 

"I've seen Red suffering all her life, so I wanted to make sure you were a good person," he said, trying to keep his voice firm. "So, you're like her guardian angel?" I asked, unconvinced. "I would not say guardian angel," he said, unsure. "Then what would you say?" I asked curiously. "I'm... I'm Red's father," he revealed. My mouth dropped open. "Who are you?" I asked, not believing what I just heard. "I am Zeus, king of Olympus, god of the skies and lightning," he declared as thunder boomed in the background, "and I am Red's father," he stated. I stared into the darkness, stunned, but as soon as it came, the shock transformed into anger. "YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU LEFT RED WITH THAT HORRIBLE PERSON?" I shouted. "I had no choice," he responded. I glared. "You ALWAYS have a choice," I said, trying to keep my voice level. "It's forbidden for Gods to stay with their kids, and her mother wasn't exactly the warmest," his voice filled with regret. "You left Red with a tyrant as her only source of growth. Your leaving made the situation even worse. How can you even call yourself her father?" I spat. Thunder started booming in the background, and a flash of lightning struck. I was blinded before I woke up.

I couldn't comprehend how it was possible, but I woke up with an even worse headache. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the dim light as I scanned my surroundings. My heart raced faster as I realized that two of the walls in front of me were barred, resembling something out of an old Western film. The other walls were solid concrete. I found myself seated on a hard block of concrete, with a worn-out cushion that appeared to have lost half of its stuffing. 'Where am I?' I wondered before the sound of footsteps reached my ears. I watched as a furious Max stormed into the room through a doorway. He briefly glanced at me, then looked away, but his eyes quickly returned to me. "Hey, gorgeous," he said smoothly. I glared at him. "cut the crap, Max. Where's Red?" I demanded. His expression shifted from excitement to anger. "That's none of your concern," he spat with a hateful tone. "Max, you're even more foolish than I thought if you believe that kidnapping two girls will make anyone fall for you," I retorted. He smirked. "I only need you. Wonder Girl is here as leverage and to help me resolve my anger issues," he confessed. My eyes widened. "What have you done to her?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"If you confess to pretending your feelings for Wonder Girl or any other girls in general, then I'll spare her," I glare at him, my eyes filled with determination. "In your dreams, Max," he sighs, his voice filled with resignation. "Well, I suppose Wonder Girl will remain my anger management tool," he smirked, giving him a scathing look. "Her name is not Wonder Girl, you snake!" His face instantly contorts with pure rage. "fine. Then you'll soon become acquainted with the feeling of starvation because you just earned yourself days of enduring that sensation. And let me tell you when you're left alone with your thoughts, hunger becomes all too real," he says, a twisted smile creeping across his face. "It's a price worth paying for your reaction," I reply smugly. He chuckles darkly. "Let's see how long you can maintain that attitude," he sneers before storming out. The heavy metal door slams shut then locks. Suddenly, the room falls into silence. It was peaceful, but soon my worries started storming their way in. "Stay strong, Red, my love," I mumble softly, hoping she's safe.

A/N Whelp that was fun I enjoyed writing that no joke tbh i have no clue where i am going with this oh and what you ppl think about the father dump? after this chapter, i will be putting the announcement back up to make drafts for the next few chapters