|| Chapter 95 ||

Please Vote then Read!

DEVANSH

Aankhein meri har jagah
Dhoondhe tujhe bewajah.....

As I stood outside the ward, the world seemed to brighten around me. The lyrics spilled from my lips, a melody I had never sung before.

My emotions were so overpowering that I couldn't contain them. For the first time in my life, I felt the urge to sing, to express the sheer joy that was coursing through me.

Pari had finally confessed her love for me. The woman I adored beyond measure, for whom I would bow my head in reverence, the one I was willing to endure anything for—even her hatred—had declared her love.

The enormity of this revelation had yet to fully sink in. The magnitude of it all was breathtaking.

This was the most significant and precious moment of my life. Hearing those three words from Pari had struck me so deeply that it felt like my mind had momentarily stopped functioning.

It was as if every bit of air had been squeezed out of my lungs, and my heart had momentarily ceased its rhythm. I couldn't even begin to describe the overwhelming sensation of pure, unadulterated happiness.

When someone you love so intensely professes their feelings, it's a moment that makes all the pain and struggle worthwhile.

The joy of hearing Pari's confession and learning about our baby made everything else fade into insignificance.

This was the happiest moment of my life, and it would always be because there could be no greater news, no more profound joy.

With the weight of these emotions lifting me, I could barely contain my excitement.

My heart raced with every beat, and I wanted to shout to the heavens that I was going to be a father, that the woman I loved was going to share her life with me forever.

But reality pulled me back as I heard Mukul's footsteps echo behind me. My fists clenched, and I fought to keep my composure. I didn't want anything to taint this euphoria.

"Dev, I need to talk to you," Mukul's voice sliced through my elation, and I could sense the tension in his tone.

I understood his frustration. He was confused by my lack of trust in Renya and worried about the consequences of my distrust. But today, nothing could dampen my spirits. Not even this.

"Dev," Mukul called again, his voice sharper. But I kept walking, refusing to turn around. I wasn't interested in discussing Renya or her twisted motives right now. Not today.

Outside, the cool night air was a welcome relief, grounding me. I leaned against the car, my mind still swirling with the joy of the moment.

Michael, my steadfast right-hand man, stood nearby, absorbed in his own thoughts.

"If you find the ground so fascinating, just let me know. I can have a seven-foot pit dug for you to sit comfortably," I joked, though my voice remained steady.

Michael's head snapped up, and he straightened, his usual formality returning. Yet even his stern demeanor couldn't dampen the smile on my face. I waved my men away, directing them to return inside the hospital.

"Relax," I told Michael. Normally, he was serious, disciplined, and always professional, but today I wanted to share my joy with him.

However, I first wanted to call Ansh, my sister. She would be overjoyed to hear this news. As I reached for my phone, preparing to dial her number, Mukul appeared beside me.