|| Chapter 98 ||

Please Vote then Read!

PARINIDHI

I raced towards the glass doors, my heart pounding with excitement. Unbeknownst to me, Devansh owned another residence outside of Mumbai, and not just any residence—a stylish, lavish penthouse. His footsteps echoed softly behind me, a quiet reminder of his presence.

Giggling at the thought of him trailing like an eager puppy, I slid the glass door open and was immediately struck by the breathtaking view.

But what truly captured my attention wasn't the sprawling open swimming pool—it was the enormous portrait of me hung directly across it, positioned so that anyone in the pool couldn't help but look my way.

Devansh's arms enveloped me from behind, his chin resting on my shoulder. He planted a soft kiss on my earlobe and murmured teasingly, "Sorry for having this made without your permission," his voice imbued with a playful edge, akin to a stalker who wouldn't typically ask for consent.

I rolled my eyes at his jest but couldn't tear my gaze away from the portrait—grand, striking, and incredibly detailed. "When did you have this done?" I asked, still mesmerized by the image.

"Just a few days after I first met you," he replied, his breath warm against my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. "This was the first portrait I created of you."

His admission stirred confusion within me. "You saw me in Mumbai, so how is this portrait here in Delhi?"

He paused, a silence stretching between us as he seemingly wrestled with my question. Sensing a deeper story, I turned to face him, my hands moving to clasp his shoulders.

Drawing him closer, I searched his face for the truth. "Did you come here when you saw me with him?" I probed, trying to read his carefully guarded expression.

His face remained impassive, revealing nothing, his eyes locked onto mine in a steady gaze.

The hurt hidden behind his stoic exterior was palpable, and it softened my heart. Rising slightly on my toes, I brought my lips to his, whispering an apology with every ounce of sincerity I could muster. "I'm sorry, love. I didn't realize how much I hurt you."

Devansh pulled me close, our bodies pressing tightly together. He held me securely, his chin resting on the crown of my head. I leaned my cheek against his chest, feeling his heartbeat accelerate, as if touching a raw nerve linked to bitter memories.

"It's not your fault, Pari," he whispered, his voice laden with a lingering pain. I remained silent, feeling his heartbeat slowly stabilize.

I tilted my head to look up at him, keeping my chin on his chest.

He gently kissed the tip of my nose and said with affection, "You look so cute, love. I'm incredibly lucky to have you." He kissed my forehead tenderly, and I closed my eyes to soak in the moment, whispering back, "I'm equally blessed to have you in my life."

"This life?" he teased, one eyebrow arched playfully as he gazed down at me.

I suppressed a smile and responded playfully, "Yes, this life." Though I was teasing, I maintained a neutral tone.

He saw through my jest and smirked. "Yeah, right, just this life. Maybe someone else in the next—"

I playfully slapped his chest, cutting him off. "Don't you dare finish that sentence."

"You started it," he retorted, gently pinching my nose.

"So? I can say whatever I want. You, however, cannot," I declared, hands on my hips.