Chapter 23 Ghost!

It's finally Friday. When we got back from school, I went directly to the bedroom and opened YouTube to watch what I missed from Joey Graceffa's vlogs.

Tara went to her room and started studying for her quiz on Monday.

Should I do the physics homework I have on Monday and save time? naahh. Homework is a Sunday problem. I kept watching YouTube videos, when Salem came in and opened his textbooks.

I put my earphones so I wouldn't bother him.

Now I feel awkward that everyone is studying and I'm not. Ugh. Fiiiine.

I got down and brought my physics book and copybook.

First question. Wait, what's a converging lens?

"Hey. What's a converging lens?" I asked Salem.

"It's a lens that forces the rays of light to come closer to each other when they emerge out of it" he replied.

"Oh".

Ooh! right I remember them now. I answered everything I had after that, without asking anything. I just needed a little revision to help get me in the studying mode.

As I was about to bring the chemistry book, someone entered the room. Alex.

"Hey, mate" Salem greeted.

"Hi!" I greater as well.

"Your mother needs you all downstairs. It's a family meeting I guess" Alex said.

Tara got down from her room too.

"What's up?" Salem said.

"Kids I need to tell you something" Megan started. "I'm traveling to New York tomorrow for a medical convention. Then there's another one in LA. And this is so important for my job, that's why I can't miss it".

"I'll be gone for about... a month" she added.

"Please don't tell me you're gunna hire a babysitter" Tara groaned.

She sighed "I know you all are adults and you behave well. That's why I'm not."

We all sighed.

"But Alex here is gunna take care of you" she patted Alex on the back.

"What?! mum I'm 18! I can take care of them. And you left us on our own a lot of times" Salem said defensively.

"But this time I'm going for a long time, and it's far from here. Besides, Alex is here a lot and you guys like him. So you just have to do what he says" she said.

"When are you leaving?" Salem asked.

"At dawn"

"Oh"

"Okay now finish studying, and be good. I trust you". She hugged each one of us. "I may not get to see you cause you'd be asleep"

We said goodby and she went up to pack her bag.

--------------

I sat in the lounge and started studying my chem quiz. Then Alex joined me on the couch.

After a long moment of awkward silence he said "um do you need any help?".

"No thanks. I'm almost finished" I smiled awkwardly.

He returned the awkward smile.

"Ugh, why is this so awkward?! I'm still Alex you've known for a long time" he laughed.

"But now you're Alex the babysitter" I smirked.

"No. I'm just hanging out here, okay? Please don't make this awkward".