XVIII || Mission

Please note: This story may contain errors and grammatical mistakes. Your understanding and patience are appreciated as this is a work in progress.

-------------------------------------------------------------

MAXINE'S POV

Klaro ang mission na binigay samin, ang kumalap ng impomasyon pa tungkol sa bagong organization na kumakalaban sa mga lazzaro.

We had no idea how deep this would take us or how dangerous it would be, but we are prepared.

We all met at the HQ, a run-down building in a secluded part of the city, far from where anyone would suspect the daughters of powerful families would be hiding out.

Cole, Skye, and Gian were already inside, looking over the blueprints we had managed to obtain for the organization’s compound.

"This is it," Cole said, her voice serious as she traced a line on the blueprint. "The files we need are in this room. We get in, we get out, no messing around."

Skye was tying her hair back into a ponytail, nawala na ang pagiging makulit na side nya at naging sersyoso na. "We know what to do, but what happens if they’re expecting us?"

I could feel the tension in the air as we all exchanged glances. First time namin gagawin to kaya kinakabahan parin kami sa kung anong pwedeng mangyari.

This wasn’t a drill, and we were going up against an organization that had already made moves against our families.

Paniguradong hindi sila mag dadalawang isip na patayin kami pag nakita nila kami.

"We stick to the plan," sabi ko at tinanggal ang kaba na namumuo sa dibdib ko. "We’ve got each other’s backs, and we’re not leaving without those files."

Gian nodded, loading a gun with a calmness that made me wonder if she’d done this more times than I knew. "Let’s just hope it goes as smoothly as we planned."

We all suited up, and as we made our way out of the HQ, the weight of what we were about to do hit me hard.

Hindi na toh laro na lang, totoo na to onting pag kakamali lang pwedeng buhay namin ang maging kapalit.

Naging tahimik ang buong byahe namin, at wala ni isa samin ang gumawa nang usapan, we need to focus...

As we parked a few blocks away from the compound and made our way on foot, staying in the shadows to avoid detection.

The compound was heavily guarded, but we’d expected that. Skye led the way, slipping past the guards with ease, while Cole and Gian took the rear, covering our tracks.

We reached the perimeter of the building where the files were being kept, and Skye signaled for us to stop.

"Two guards at the entrance," senyas niya. "I’ll take the one on the left, you take the right.

I nodded, pulling out my silencer and taking a deep breath. In one smooth motion, we took out the guards without a sound, agad na bumagsak ang mga katawan nila sa sahig.

We made our way inside, moving quickly through the hallways, checking every corner for more guards.

And finally, we reached the room where the files were kept.

Cole picked the lock with ease, and we slipped inside, tanging mga pag hinga lang namin ang maririnig sa paligid The room was filled with filing cabinets, at lahat yon ay may mga coded lock.

"Got it," Gian said, pulling out a small device that would help us crack the locks.

Just as we were about to open the cabinets, we heard footsteps approaching.

I froze, signaling for everyone to be quiet. The footsteps got closer, and my heart was pounding in my chest. We weren’t alone.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and armed men stormed into the room, guns pointed directly at us.

"Get down!" I shouted, diving behind a desk as bullets started flying. The room erupted into chaos, and I could hear Skye returning fire from behind another cabinet.

"We need to get those files!" Gian yelled, firing off shots as she moved towards the cabinet.

I could see Cole out of the corner of my eye, ducking behind a table and trying to stay out of the line of fire. Skye was pinned down behind a filing cabinet, and I knew we were in serious trouble.

Suddenly, one of the men aimed his gun directly at Skye, and before I had time to think, I was moving.

Tinakbo ko ang pagitan namin ni skye tsaka ko siya tinulak, at huli na para maka iwas ako sa bala agad kong naramdaman yung pag baon nito sa tagiliran ko.

"Maxine!" Skye shouted, rushing to my side, her face pale with fear. "Why did you do that!"

"I’m fine," I lied, gritting my teeth against the pain. "Get the files. We need to get out of here."

Gian managed to grab the files while Cole and Skye held off the remaining guards.

Sobrang sakit ng tama sakin ng bala, pero pinilit ko paring tumayo, kailangan naming makaalis dito, agad naman akong inalalayan ni skye at sabay kaming lumabas sa kwartong yon.

The gunfire continued as we made our escape, but somehow, we managed to get out alive.

By the time we reached the car, I could feel the blood soaking through my shirt, but I pushed the pain aside. We had the files. We had what we needed.

We sped back to the safe house, the adrenaline still pumping through my veins. Sobrang bilis mag patakbo ng sasakyan ni cole na halos paliparin na niya yung sinasakyan namin makarating lang sa HQ

Once we were safely inside, Skye helped me onto the couch, her hands trembling as she checked the wound.

"It’s not too deep," she said, her voice tight with worry. "But we need to clean it."

Gian tossed me a bottle of water and a rag, and I pressed it against the wound, trying to slow the bleeding. The others sat around me, their faces pale and tired.

"We did it," Cole said after a long silence. "We got the files."

"But at what cost?" sa itsura niya alam kong sinisisi niya yung sarili niya sa nangyari sakin. "Maxine, you almost died back there and it's all my fault." saad niya ulit.

I waved her off, wincing as I shifted on the couch. "I’m fine~ wag mong sisihin yung sarili mo skye. And besides we got what we came for, didn’t we? That’s all that matters."

"We need to analyze these files," Gian said, breaking the silence. "Whatever this organization is, we need to know everything about them."

I nodded, trying to push the pain to the back of my mind. There was no time for weakness.

We had a mission to complete, and not even a bullet was going to stop us from seeing it through.

------------------------------------------------------

● Don’t forget to vote, like, and drop a comment if you love the story, your support means everything, and keep the updates coming!