XXIX || LABEL???

Please note: This story may contain errors and grammatical mistakes. Your understanding and patience are appreciated as this is a work in progress.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person's POV

Akala ni aiesha may mag babago sa pagitan nila ni maxine after nang nangyari sa kania ka gabi.

Hinanda na niya yung sarili niya na baka hindi nanaman sila mag pansinan or baka umiwas sa kanya si maxine.

Pero hindi yon ang nangyari.....mas naging clingy sa kanya ang dalaga at halos hindi na humiwalay sa kanya, kulang na lang at mag kapalit na sila ng mukha.

The once aloof and distant Maxine, who had always maintained her composure and seriousness, was now the one reaching for Aiesha’s hand, sitting close to her, and finding any excuse to stay by her side.

Pero pag sa iba lagi lang siya seryoso at minsan cold pa nga sa kanya lang talaga iba ang trato nito, kaya lagi silang inaasar ng iba.

Nasa headquarters sila ngayon and as usual mag kadikit nanaman yung dalawa habang kumakain sila.

Yves and Cole were the first to notice. They exchanged knowing glances, Maxine, who usually kept her distance during meals, sat unusually close to Aiesha, casually resting her hand on her knee under the table.

Cole raised an eyebrow, looking at Yves. "So… mag papanggap lang ba tayo na hindi natin nakikita to?"

Yves chuckled softly, shaking her head. “Kung nasaya naman sila, I’m not getting in the way of that. Naninibago ko jan sa kaibigan mo eh ang cold niyan satin.”

Cole nodded, taking a sip of her drink. “Yeah, it’s like seeing a tiger acting like a house cat. But… if anyone can bring out that side of her, it’s Aiesha.”

Yves smiled, glancing at Maxine and Aiesha as they whispered to each other. "True. As long as they’re happy, that’s what matters. Whatever happens, we’ve got their backs."

Sa kabilang dako naman nag aaway nanaman sila skye at solace, na sa may cinema room sila at nag tatalo kung anong movie ang papanoorin nila.

“Seriously, Skye, ang pangit talaga ng taste mo sa mga movies,” Solace scoffed, arms crossed as she stared at the screen.

“Oh, I’m sorry, 'Princess', but not everyone wants to watch boring romance dramas,” nang aasar na balik ni skye rito.

Umirap naman si solcae rito at sumandal na lang sa upuan. “At least my choices have plot. All you want is mindless action and explosions.”

Before Skye could reply with another retort, he reached across to grab some popcorn, but in the process, she accidentally leaned too close.

At hindi niya namalayan na nag kadikit na yung labi nila ni solace...

It wasn’t the kind of soft, romantic kiss they’d seen in the movies, more like an awkward, unexpected crash of lips.

Bumilis ang tibok ng puso nila pareho at si solace ang unang umatras, na hindi maka paniwalang tinitigan si skye na mukang gulat rin sa nangyari.

“Did… did you just kiss me!?” utal na sabi ni solace.

Skye’s face flushed as she quickly shook her head, her usual confidence nowhere to be found. “You kissed me!” pag bibintang nito sa dalaga na halos hindi na maipinta ang mukha.

“I did not!” tanggi ni solace at namumula na ang buong mukha nito

Ilang sandali rin silang natahimik haggang sa tumawa na si skye at ngumit nang mapang asar. “Well, if you had kissed me, I wouldn’t complain.”

Solace, caught off guard by the sudden shift in the mood, didn’t know how to respond. But instead of snapping back, she simply smiled, a rare moment of peace between them.

“You’re impossible,” naiiling na sabi na lang nito.

Meanwhile, in the arcade, Shee and Gian were having a moment of their own. Gian had challenged Shee to one of the shooting games, and despite her best efforts, Shee was winning. Badly.

“You know, for someone who’s supposed to be a sharpshooter in real life, you’re terrible at this,” Shee teased, eyes focused on the screen as she easily took out another wave of enemies.

Gian groaned, trying to keep up. “It’s different! Real guns don’t have flashing lights and cheesy sound effects bebe!”

Shee just laughed, leaning closer to her. “Excuses, excuses.”

Hindi mapigilang mapangiti ni gian dahil nakikita niyang nag eenjoy ang dalaga sa ginagawa nila.

For a moment, they forgot about the mission, about the pressures of their families, and just enjoyed each other’s company.

Nang matapos ang laro nila agad na nag tatalon si shee dahil nanalo siya at natalo niya ang nobya niya. “Told you I’d win.”

Gian shook her head, but there was affection in her gaze as she looked at her. “Yeah, yeah. the best ka na bebe. I get it.”

Shee leaned in, pressing a quick kiss to her lips before pulling away with a teasing smile. “Don’t forget it.”

It was a small, private moment, but it meant the world to both of them. With everything going on, these quiet, intimate moments felt like a lifeline.

Back at the dining area, Aiesha couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed by how different things had become with Maxine.

Ang kilala niyang maxine ay laging seryoso at walang emosyon pero iba ngayon sa nakikita niya.It was like she was only letting Aiesha see this side of her, and it made Aiesha’s heart race.

Their friends noticed the closeness between them but didn’t say anything. Cole and Yves exchanged a glance, silently agreeing that they wouldn’t interfere.

Whatever was happening between Maxine and Aiesha, it was their business, and as long as they were happy, that was all that mattered.

Ilang minuto lang ay tumayo na si maxine at nag signal siya kay aiesha na sundan siya nito, at walang pag dadalawang isip na sumunod naman si aiesha rito.

As they walked through the hallway, Maxine’s hand found its way to Aiesha’s, interlocking their fingers. It was a small gesture, but it made Aiesha’s heart skip a beat.

Maxine led her to one of the quiet rooms they had in the headquarters, away from the others. Nang silang dalawa na lang tsaka nag salita si maxine.

“I know I’ve been acting different,” amin niya sa dalaga, “But I don’t want to hide how I feel about you anymore.”

“Maxine…” hindi alam ni aiesha kung paano siya sasagot rito dahil kahit siya naka focus na lang rin sa lakas ng tibok ng puso niya.

Maxine squeezed her hand gently, her eyes softening as she looked at Aiesha. “I know I’m not the easiest person to be around. But when I’m with you… I feel like I can breathe. Like I don’t have to pretend to be someone else.”

Aiesha’s heart swelled at Maxine’s words. Alam niyang marami pa siyang hindi nalalaman tungkol kay maxine at may mga emosyon ito na ngayon niya lang nakikita.

Pero nang marinig niya mismo galing sa bibig nito, alam niya na wala nang atrasan pa ang nararamdaman nila para sa isa't isa.

Without thinking, Aiesha stepped closer, wrapping her arms around Maxine in a tight embrace. Maxine held her close, resting her chin on Aiesha’s head, and for a moment, they stood there in silence, finding comfort in each other’s presence.

No words were needed. They both knew that whatever came next, they would face it together.

------------------------------------------------------

● Don’t forget to vote, like, and drop a comment if you love the story, your support means everything, and keep the updates coming!