XXIII || New Alliance

Please note: This story may contain errors and grammatical mistakes. Your understanding and patience are appreciated as this is a work in progress.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person's POV

Agad na dinala ni maxine si aiesha sa headquarters nila.

Kanina pa tahimik si aiesha habang naka sunod lang kay maxine, na malalim rin ang iniiisip.

Aiesha was crossing a line a line that would pull her deeper into the web of secrets that her family had been hiding.

Narating nila ang isang malaking metal door sa pinaka dulo ng hallway. Maxine pushed it open, revealing a large room with mismatched furniture scattered around, a few maps pinned to the walls, and various pieces of surveillance equipment set up on the table in the middle.

As soon as they stepped inside, Maxine’s friends, Cole, Skye, and Gian, looked up from their seats.

The three of them had been lounging around, chatting and reviewing some documents, but the second they saw Maxine and Aiesha, teasing smiles spread across their faces.

“Well, well, look who’s back,” Skye grinned, crossing her arms. “And she brought company.”

Cole raised an eyebrow, her smirk playful. "Max hindi mo naman sinabi agad na mag dadala ka ng date dito edi sana nag ayos kami"

Gian chuckled, clearly amused. “This is unexpected.”

Maxine rolled her eyes, though a faint blush crept up her cheeks. “Cut it out, guys. This is serious.”

Aiesha, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks, shifted uncomfortably. She wasn’t used to this kind of teasing, especially not in a situation that was as tense and uncertain as this.

Pero unexpected sa kanya na ganito ka ma pang asar yung mga kaibigan ni maxine, ibang iba sa nakikita niya sa school na laging seryoso at nakikipag away...

Maxine cleared her throat, stepping forward to address her friends. “Aiesha’s here because she’s agreed to help us. We’re working together from now on.”

Skye’s eyes gleamed with curiosity. “Oh, so it’s official now? You’re letting her in on everything?”

Tumango si Maxine dito “Yes, and before you ask, it was her decision.”

Aiesha spoke up, wanting to clarify her role. “I’ve agreed to help Maxine, but I have one request before we go any further.”

Gian leaned forward, intrigued. “What’s that?”

“I need to bring my friends into this. Yves, Solace, and Shee,” Aiesha explained, her voice steady. “They’re the closest people I have, and even tho we have some issues, I do still trust them with my life. I’m not doing this without them, but I also need your word that this stays between all of us. None of this goes to our families.”

Maxine’s friends exchanged glances, clearly thinking it over. Nag karoon nang katahimikan sa pagitan nila bago putulin yon ni cole at siya na ang unang nag salita.

“As long as it means peace and no one snitches, I’m good with it.”

Skye smirked, leaning back in her chair. “Yeah, I don’t mind if it means having some extra hands on deck.”

Gian shrugged, giving Maxine a knowing look. “If Maxine trusts you, then I’m in.”

Maxine sighed in relief, glad that her friends were on board with the idea. She turned to Aiesha. “You can call them now. Just make sure they know what they’re getting into.”