College

"The fuck is in these boxes," Aiden grunts as he places the box down with a thud.

"Careful, they're my books."

"Book!" His voice reaches an abnormally high pitch. "This many?"

"There's more in the truck."

Aiden wheezed dramatically and left to get all the stuff.

"Lily, listen to me," mom pulled my face towards her. "You will take care of yourself, okay? And you're living with two boy, they can be disgusting. Especially athletes. So be brave and tell them that they are not allowed to bring their sweat and dirt into the common areas."

I giggle. "Okay mom. But please stop worrying," I say noticing her teary eyes. "I'm going to be fine. And it's just a two hour drive. If anything happens I'll just go home, okay?"

Mom nodded, wiping a solitary tear. "Yeah, no crying." She pulled me to herself. "I'm so proud of you. You grew up so fast, my baby." She then proceeded to kiss me all over the face. Something that both Aiden and Rex witnessed from the door of my room. They both looked pretty weirded out by the whole display.

"You didn't cry when I left for college," Aiden complained throwing the box down on the ground.

"Hey-" my protests got cut off by Rex throwing the box in his hand down as well. I just sigh in response, it's futile to argue with idiots.

"Well," Mom shrugged as response to Aiden's whining. "You did cause a lot of trouble, so we were glad that you're gone."

Aiden just scrunched his nose and left.

After the last of the boxes were brought up, mom and I got to unpacking and decorating.

Soon it was time for them to leave. "Take care, okay? Aiden look after your sister."

"Yes, mother."

"Don't get a girl pregnant."

Aiden cringed. "I'll try, dad." As soon as he said those words, dad hit his head.

***

"What do you guys want for dinner?"

I jump at the sudden unfamiliar voice. I turn around and notice Rex giving me a weird look. Great, now my roomie thinks I'm weird.

"Pizza," Aiden grunts from his place next to me on the couch, and Rex nods before placing the order and making himself comfortable on my other side. Now I'm squashed between giant two football players. So I scooch towards Aiden, so that I don't accidentally touch Rex.

We all sit in silence, watching a recorded game that Aiden insisted we watch. Even though I'm pretty smart, I've never really understood sports, so I don't understand this game either. So I just stare at the screen blankly, hoping the food gets here soon. So when the bell rings I spring up to the door. "I'll get it."

I open the door and blush. The pizza guy is cute. "Hey, that'll be 16.75 dollars," he said with a cute smile. I blushed as I handed him the money. "So you're in college?"

I bit my lower lip, feeling extra shy. "Yes," I managed to squeak out.

"Oh cool, freshman?"

I nod, my cheeks feel way too warm to be normal.

"Where?" But just as he asked the question his eyes drifted behind me and his expression went from delightful to frightened. "Oh uh I gotta go. Bye." He hastily handed me the change before running off, leaving me confused.

When I turn back around after closing the door, I make sure to check around but there was nothing. So what scared him? I shrug and go back into the living room, which was a mistake because the boxes are snatched out of my hands as soon as I enter.

Both Aiden and Rex wolf down an entire pizza by the time I reach slice two. They're disgusting monsters. Oh great, now they're just taking my pizza. "Hey I'm eating that!"

Rex raised an eyebrow at my meek protest. "You can eat the whole thing?"

I didn't get to answer because my brother felt the need to answer for me as he takes another slice from me. "No, she can't. She can barely finish three slices. Don't you see how small she is?"

"Well," I cross my hand over my chest indignantly. "That's because you eat all my food." But neither of them pay any attention to my remarkable jab and just focus on the tv. Well, who wants their attention, boys are stupid anyways.