Part 9

After eating the entire pizza and just talking, May was getting tired. David didn't even notice when she fell asleep on him. After a couple nudges, David decided to just stay with her on him tonight. He fell asleep with her head in his lap. She was so adorable.

The next morning, May got up before David did. She made pancakes for breakfast.
"Hey, Dave. Wake up you sleepy head." She ruffles his hair and pokes him all over.
"Ok. Ok. I'm up." He takes her fave in his hands and gives her a peck on the cheek. "I'm up." David squishes her face in his hands, making her cheeks bigger. She smiles and kisses him back.
"I made breakfast. Paaaaancakessss." She whispered as he helped David up and walked him to the kitchen. David scarfs down the food.
"Delicious! I didn't know you could cook." David says.
"You don't know a lot of things about me David." She says with slight sadness in the tone of voice she uses. After about a month of talking and figuring out things about their wedding, May has to go back to a doctor to check if the tumor has returned or a new one has been spotted. The two go together.

"We found out the results but you will need to go upstairs to get them." The doctor has a very caring voice.
"Ok. We will do that. Thank you." May shakes the doctor's hand and helps David up. They walk out the door and into the elevator silently.
"Hey. Grab my hand." David takes May's hand and kisses the top of her head. May was shaking, she was so nervous. "Whatever happens, I'm not going to leave. I love you." David assures her.
"I love you too." Ding. The elevator doors open. A big sign that said Cancer Department was on the wall. They wouldn't have sent them there if she didn't have cancer.
"Oh my goodness..." May breaks down into tears. She buries her head into David's chest. Her tears soak his shirt. He doesn't care. May sinks to the floor of the elevator. David goes with her. They are both kneeling on the ground, in tears.
"May. You'll beat it. I know you will." David has tears coming down too. All May could respond with was more sobbing. "We can get through this, together." May sniffs a couple times and squeezes her hands into a fist, scrunching a portion of David's shirt. David was the one to help May up this time. He slung his arm around her shoulders and held her hand as they walked through the doors that would change their lives forever.
"Please take a seat, the doctor will be with you in a couple of minutes." The nurse smiles and walks out as they take a seat on the hospitals chairs.

After about 5 minutes, the doctor comes in. Her hair is tied up and she was wearing a pristine white lab coat sort of thing. She was quite beautiful actually.
"Hello, I'm Dr. O'Neal. Nice to meet you May Loydd and.. Who is this?" O'Neal shakes David's hand. It's obvious she thinks he is attractive.
"I'm David. Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you, David." She looks down at the x-rays she has in her hands. "So May. I will show you your results, you can ask any questions you may have." She puts them up in the special light board built into the wall. "I'm so terribly sorry. The type of cancer you have developed is Benign Chordoma. Yours specifically, is in the base of your skull. Usually, surgery is required but since yours is in a very vital position, we will have to do multiple sessions of radiation therapy. Uh, you will also take chemotherapy treatments to fight off the individual cancer cells."
"Uh...yeah. Ok. Whatever you thinks is best." May gives out a little smile and a tear falls. David puts his hand on her back. May starts to cry.
"I will leave you two alone... To gather your thoughts." The doctor walks out. May and David just stayed silent as they hug it out.
"What are we going to do? We definitely do not have the money for all of this." May questions. Her words are muffled by David's shirt.
"We will figure it out. Everything will work out. I promise." A tear falls from David's face too. May sniffs.
"I hope so." May looks up.

Authors Note: I hope all of you like it so far. Share it with your friends! Ok. Ily. Bye.