Tousled Blond

Jamie above

School was out for the week due to Eric's death. I still can't believe he's dead. I still look into his bedroom window to make sure he's in there. He never is. I still expect him to be next to me every second of the day. He never is. I still think that he's going to walk with me to school. He never does. All of this is because he's dead. I found him in a ditch.

It's been two weeks since I found Eric like that and it's been hard. There are constant reminders of him. Our favorite restaurant, his car, his room, the ticket he bought for me to get into the basketball game, and the smell of him I find on my bed. From when we had movie days and we both would lay down in my bed all day. Getting up occasionally for snacks, drinks, or to go to the bathroom.

I'm no standing at my locker watching as everyone's life seems to go on as normal. The basketball team still practices and runs the halls on the day of a game, boys still flirt with the girls, and everyone is happy. I just don't understand how they can move on so quickly. Possibly because they didn't know him like I did. Possibly because they are just trying to get their life back on track.

Heather tries to cheer me up. She tries hard. I try hard to let her cheer me up, but that's not going to happen any time soon. I even told her so. Jase has been great. Whenever I cry, he's always there next to me. He had all his classes changed so he could be with me and help me when I need it.

The sheriff has declared Eric's death as a murder. But that was obvious. They can't seem to get any traces of the murderer so they don't even have a suspect. They've been questioning me frequently. To make sure that I'm fine and to see if I knew anything that would be important to the case.

"Hey." I heard a voice from behind me.

I jumped and turned slowly around. I've been a little on edge since Eric. Standing in front of me p, with his tousled blond hair, was Jamie.

"Hey."

He stepped forward and gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry." He said into my ear.

"I'm sorry too. I've not repaid you yet."

"I understand. I'll be a friend to you and with time you can be a friend back to me."

"Thank you." I said and buried my head into his chest.

I allowed one good cry before the bell rang. When it finally did I broke the hug and began to wipe the tears with the back of my hands.

"Better get to class." I said, still wiping tears.

"No. Come here." He said and I did.

He hugged me once again and I cried more into his chest.

"You're going to be late."

"It's worth it." He said and began to rub his hands in circles on my back.

I don't know why, but when people rub there hands on my back in circles, it makes me sleepy. That and crying. I tried to stay awake after I stopped crying. Jamie and I were now sitting on the floor and leaning against some lockers. He still had me in a hug with my head laying down on his chest so I could see what's in front of us. I listened to his heartbeat and spoon found it hard to stay awake. So I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up I wasn't on Jamie's chest anymore. I was in the backseat of a car and was laying on Jamie's lap. He was brushing through my hair with his fingers.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"In my car." He said now playing with the ends of my hair.

"You should get to class. I think I'm going to go home."