Chapter 6: The threat between the Anti-Mage and the Lone Witch

Aiden

"Hindi agad tayo makakapunta sa Garden of Untold." paliwanag ko kay Kael. Maaga akong nagisip at kinumpronta siya. Kung hindi lang dahil sa babaeng iyon, baka parehas na kaming patay ngayon ni Kael.

"And Why is that?" tanong nito sa akin. He appears to be preoccupied with the open Codex Journal as he sits there casually drinking his coffee. Even still, I can't get rid of the impression that he's taking in more of what I'm saying than he's letting on. His quiet demeanor belies his acute awareness; a subtle nod or introspective glance implies that he is not just physically there but also mentally present. He stays grounded in the context of the journal and my continuing story, while my thoughts are free to roam. It's an odd interaction. "The forest is a restricted area, only those who were born or raised here can enter that place." dagdag pa nito.

"It's complicated but we need our first plan to enter that forest." sabi ko sakanya.

Had I known sooner, I would have noticed that the Path Slayers had already been stationed as observer in Luminara City. They've crept around every corner, hidden in both secret passageways and busy streets, but I'm not afraid. With its sprawling neighborhoods and meandering streets, this massive city provides some shelter. I must be careful and systematic in my movements because one mistake could spell the death of me. If I want to elude their grasp, I must travel around this city with utmost caution, every shadow could be a watcher, and every sound could be a warning.

---Flashback----

The atmosphere shifted rapidly, growing tense as I stepped into the room and carefully shut the door behind me. I was soon drawn in by a stunning pair of cat-eye eyes that locked onto me so fiercely that it made my blood prick. Valeria!The same woman who had been glancing at me from across the room minutes before, and my heart skipped a beat. Her glare was a mix of curiosity and predatoriness, and it was clear now that she had detected my presence long before I crossed the threshold. Her examination was almost instinctive, as though she was examining every aspect of me with a combination of fascination and calculation. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was about to fall into a trap she had set for me as I stood there, vulnerable to her scrutiny and acutely aware that I was more than just another person in the room.

She sensed my fear.

"Calm down, Aiden. I'm not here to hurt you. I've brought you a warning, and it's vital that you listen closely" she said. She walks as if the staff she's holding is not dangerous to possess.

"That's the Dreadweaver's Scepter, it's crazy that you have it as your weapon." I complimented her.

"I know right? This staff, made of twisted shadows and infused with ancient power, strengthens my control over fear by enveloping me in a terrifying barrier that confuses enemies and keeps me safe." I know, girly. I've read it in my Grimoire. "But back to the business, Luminara City has been infiltrated by the Path Slayers. The restricting spell that had formerly shielded the Forest has been destroyed. They can now travel freely, keeping watch on the area and setting up traps for Kael and you." she explained that made me shocked.

'"But aren't you a Path Slayer?Why are you telling me this?" I asked her.

Then, as if to force herself on me, she clamped down hard on my cheeks, her fingers gnawing into my flesh. As her nails went through my skin, I could feel a sharp bite, and my senses were overwhelmed with terror and pain. Looking into her feline eyes, I felt my heart quicken as I realized how dire things were. I became very conscious of the power she had over me at that very moment as a wave of vulnerability passed over me.