Chapter 15: The News Across Lyrosia

Aiden

"I've been so lonely since I left the house." kuwento ko kay Lousito pagka rating namin sa tinutuluyan ko. "I met a man, ang sabi niya ay patay ka na at nawawala si Nana Babaylan." Paliwanag ko pa sakanya.

The room is dimly lit, with a faint glimmer from candles. Papers, old tomes, and relics litter the wooden shelves, a tribute to my growing fascination in magic and the secrets that surround me. Amidst the chaos, a familiar, soft, bright figure sits curled up on a chair near the window, a fluffy creature with shimmering fur. It's Louisito, now known as Seraphel, and his ethereal form blends into the room's peaceful atmosphere.

"Aiden... I missed you so much" Louisito sighing softly.

I sit at my desk, turning the frail pages of a long-forgotten diary, a lovely smile on my face as I look up from my reading.

"I missed you too, Louisito...." I paused,, my voice somewhat muted, as if the weight of recent events was crashing down on me. "It’s been… hard, without you."

"Despite taking on a new form, I still feel your presence. And I can sense the chaos you've been escaping." Louisito’s wide, gleaming eyes softened into a narrow gaze, filled with affection.

"I know. I’ve been thinking about you too. About what you’ve become… You’re not just Louisito anymore, are you?" I nodded quietly, my fingers gently closing the diary in front of him.

"No, I'm a Seraphel now. A Seraph is a supernatural healer who possesses a grace beyond mortal understanding." Louisito said with a hint of pride.

"You’ve always been more than just a companion, Louisito. You’ve always had a kind of wisdom about you, even before all this" I murmured gently, but there was undeniable sincerity in my voice.

"You've always been the one to realize it. I'm delighted you recognized me for what I am." A light purr escaped Louisito, his form bathed in a warm, subtle glow.

"Thank you, Louisito. For being here, for everything." A small smile touched my lips as I felt the heaviness in my weary eyes.

"But..... what's going on, Aiden? You’ve been running around like someone is chasing you." Louisito’s expression turned concerned, his ears twitching as if attuned to my growing tension.

"That’s because they are." I leaned back in my chair, staring at the ceiling. "The Path Slayers are after me. They want me dead." I let out a heavy sigh and rubbed my temples.

"What?.... but why?" Louisito's eyes were wide and shocked.

"Hindi ko alam, but it's tied to Luminara's secrets. I'm meant to go to the Garden of Untold. There's something I should learn. There's something about this city that is... bigger than us." My voice came out low and strained, barely above a whisper.

"The Garden of Untold.... That place is dangerous, Aiden. Even while I was still a wandering spirit, I heard murmurs about it. I know, creepy and sneaky.Particularly in Durinel Village. That was where I heard whispers about that place." His form shifted, the soft glow of Louisito's fur dimming as he took in the gravity of the news.

I nodded.

"I met Rhea Sablehart. She told me about the Trials of Fate. I have to face them if I want answers." I mentioned.

"I… I don’t know what to say." He paused, and then, softly but firmly, he added, "But I’ll be with you. From now on, I’ll be by your side."

"Alam ko." tanging sagot ko lang habang nakatingin sa kanya.

"Aiden..... while you are aware of the Path Slayers, are you also familiar with the Order of the Written Word?" Louisito fidgeted with his tiny paw, clearly troubled yet making an effort to remain calm.