Chapter 1: Aiden Blake Carter

"Pills and Potions!!"

"How much?!"

"The Starlit Fellowship is now making an investigation into Earth. "

" Kahit kailan talaga napaka walang kwenta parin nila! "

" I know right? "

" I mean what's the point of investigating the other world?!"

" There's another newly proclaimed Queen in the Abyssia Kingdom."

"Pang lima na nila yan ah? Hindi pa natatapos ang taon."

As I walk, I hear every conversation of the people I pass. Laughter and giggles on the left, and debate and hearings on the right. I couldn't care less; as long as I'm minding my own business here, I think I'm fine on my own.

I'm Aiden Blake Carter, nineteen years of age. I was born and raised here in Luminara City, ever since nagkaroon ako ng malay at natutong mamuhay mag-isa ay lumayo ako sa mga taong malalapit sa akin. I just feel like it's the right thing to do, and it feels so natural. Interacting with other people is a privilege for me that only those who have someone to take care of can have.

Pagkalampas ko sa karamihan ay nagtuloy tuloy lang ako sa paglalakad, hanggang sa makarating ako sa isang eskinita. Pumasok ako rito at binagtas ang maliit na ispasyong tanging isang tao lamang ang kasya.

I just keep walking until the darkness gradually consumes the surroundings.

"Letare Via." I whispered. The door gently creaks open into the utter darkness, allowing a dim, calming light to filter through the little opening. Gradually, the light increases, creating a beautiful glow that gently pushes back the darkness. The change is calm and gentle, as though the darkness is giving way to the peaceful light without resistance. I went inside immediately and threw myself to bed, because that's the first thing that I see whenever I come home.

"Home." I smirked. This small place is the only one I considered home. Thinking about the past and reminiscing about my childhood, I wondered, if I hadn't left that place, would I still be the same? Do I have to change? Will I have my freedom of choice? It's not like my childhood is worse than those who were abandoned since they were born; it's just that leaving that place is the only choice I have. "It's been a month, and they haven't sent me a letter." I muttered. Labis ang pagtataka ko dahil sa wala na akong natatanggap na mga letter galing sa mga taong nakakakilala sa akin.

Nagbihis na lamang ako at nahiga sa kama, wala akong ganang kumain dahil sa labis na pagiisip. Nakatinga lamang ako sa kisame at nagisip nang nagisip. Hanggang sa hindi ko namalayang nakatulog na pala ako.

----

"Thorne, Falknauer, Blair, Blackwell, Bayani, and Nightshade. Those families are keeping a secret from us!"

"I, Issabella Darkmore, Queen of ***** will use this treacherous claims of yours to declare a War!"

"It's not right for you to decide that!!"

"Protect it at all costs."

"Luminara City, I'm home."

"Nana Babaylan, have you looked into the future again?"