Chapter 11: Nana Babaylan

Aiden

As I scrolled through the dusty pages of the diary, the fading ink began to throb with an eerie familiarity. My heart raced as I came across an entry outlining The Coven of the Wyrd, a term that evoked deep memories within me.

The tale of The Coven of the Wyrd, a sisterhood intertwined in the delicate dance of magic and fate, lingers in the shadows of my memory. We are bonded not only by our sisterhood, but also by the ancients' whispered secrets that resonate down the years.

'To know the heart of the storm, one must first embrace the chaos within.'

The path to acceptance within our Coven is fraught with challenges, the most difficult of which is The Trial of Fate. Each initiate must face their innermost fears and prove themselves to the Masters. Only those who emerge uninjured, hardened as steel in the flames of adversity, will join among us.

'In the crucible of shadows, truth is forged; only the resilient shall wear the mantle of night.'

I've gone under several names, but I'm most notable as Viraesca Moonshadow. However, beyond this exterior is the spirit of Nana Babaylan, a title that evokes both admiration and fear. I am a guardian of old wisdom and the manifestation of curses etched into the fabric of reality.

'In every curse lies a tale; every tale bears the weight of its maker.'

My staff, the Shroud of the Ancient, possesses immense power. The twisted wood, carved with protective symbols, functions as both a shield and a weapon. It gives me control over shadows, shrouding me in darkness while I tread the boundary between realms. The Curse Jar, a vessel of incredible power, sits beside me. It contains the disasters of my opponents, a sealed treasure of chaos and anguish. Those who attempt to challenge me are entangled in its embrace, their fate permanently altered by my hand.

'What is a curse but a reflection of one's own heart? When cast, it returns, a shadow in the night'

Among the many perils we confront, none is more formidable than Z--- L-------, the Damned Witch. She dances on the brink of insanity, her goals threatening to tear the delicate threads of our Coven. Her thirst for power knows no bounds, and her presence fills the air with undeniable tension. As I pen these words, I know that the storm is brewing, and the trials that lie ahead will test not only my strength, but the very basis of our sisterhood. The ancients' words get louder, guiding my hand and warning me to step carefully on the path ahead.

'To walk the line between fate and free will is to embrace the dance of life; heed the call, for destiny waits for no one'

-Nana Viraesca

My breath caught in my throat, and I nearly dropped the book from shock. Another layer of mystery had been revealed: Nana Babaylan was, in fact, Viraesca Moonshadow, a member of The Coven of the Wyrd. The puzzle pieces clicked into place as I recalled Felicia's disturbing words.

'Who walks in the light of the witches yet never claims the name? Who watches over, despite the fact that her presence is hidden in the darkness?'

Ngayon na realize ko na it all makes sense. Everything began to make sense!

Something extraordinary happened while my gaze was fixated on the diary. The air around me shimmered, and burning, fiery ink erupted from the pages, swirling and coiling like a living creature. Words began to emerge in the air, bright and forceful, as if Nana Babaylan, the real Viraesca Moonshadow, were announcing her presence.

"Aiden" The ink crackled with energy, and each word was infused with a sense of urgency. "I've been waiting for you, knowing you'd show up at the perfect time. I'm Viraesca Moonshadow, the curse-bearer and dark arts weaver. But follow my advice, taking care of yourself is essential, because trusting is a fragile art."