Chapter 2: The Garden of Untold

Aiden

"Do you accept commissions?"

"It depends."

I need to make a move. What that man says the last time is still bothering me. I'm here now in Wandering Arcadia, the only commission guild of Luminara.

Though Luminara is neither as huge as some of Lyrosia's major cities, nor as densely populated as other regions, it is nevertheless a remarkable sight in terms of scope and breadth. There are many different continents and kingdoms in the world of Lyrosia, and each has a rich history and lore. Luminara's true loyalty is still up for debate and speculation at this point. According to rumors, the city is located within the Abyssia Kingdom, and its gloomy lanes represent the realm's cryptic and sinister nature. Others claim that the Blazoria Kingdom belongs there due to its fierce and powerful past. There are also reports that Luminara is Metropia's illusive underground the city, hidden from view. Some speculate that it could be an enclave of the Whisperis Kingdom, a land renowned for its secrets and ancient mysteries. The exact nature of Luminara's affiliations remains a mystery that captivates those who attempt to solve it.

"What can you do?" the man in charge of this guild asked me. "I have numerous papers here from other Lumenarians, but it needs a certain power." he explained.

"I just know what I'm capable of." I answered. He looked at me, then laughed. Umiling iling pa ito at tsaka binigay sa akin ang isang papel. Binuksan ko ito at binasa ang nakasukat dito.

Ldncoee nyltosa swocn rgpihac tca wihctafr nda ytmsrye

"You can do that?" the man asked again. I just nodded and took the paper with me. Lumabas ako sa Wandering Arcadia at dumiretso sa tanging tahanan ko. "This needs a certain power huh?!" I murmured.

I took the chair next to the table and drew it closer, sinking into its seat. I took my time putting the paper down on the table. It just took a moment for it to begin floating and emitting an otherworldly glow. I chanted the old spell after that.

"Revelare Secretum."

The junbledletters on the page began to shift and twist, as if guided by an unseen hand. They moved and spun to a precise beat, positioning themselves. The jumble of mismatched characters gave way to something that made sense. When the letters fell into their appropriate places, the secret message hidden beneath the paper surfaced, revealing its meaning without dispute. Now the once-cryptic text in front of me was easily visible.

"Growing up, I practiced witchcraft. But not a mystery so what the heck is this?" I talked to myself. The once-scrambled letters aligned with an almost miraculous accuracy, revealing the concealed message. Something changed as the first message became apparent and revealed its secrets. As though through a supernatural transformation, another hidden layer surfaced in the blink of an eye. This new revelation wasn’t just another message but a clue pointing to a different location or perhaps a new realm. "The Garden of Untold?" Every second appeared to compound the mystery, the page now full of two secrets that begged to be solved.

-----

I waited until after midnight, when everything seemed to be sleeping and the streets became quiet. The silence of the night added to the sense of mystery, as if the air itself held secrets. I applied the spells I had studied under the enchantment masters, their teachings resonating in my consciousness. Piece by piece, the puzzle began to come together inside of me as the magic began to stir. There wasn't much—just a tiny hint—but it was plenty to establish that a secret was involved. At last, I felt the truth; it was something much more profound than what the eyes could perceive.