Chapter 31

Taylor arrived at the secluded spot where Kayla had demanded they meet. Her heart pounded with a mix of fear and determination. She needed to get Travis out of this mess, but she had no idea what Kayla had planned. As she walked into the dimly lit café, she spotted Kayla sitting in a corner booth, sipping on a coffee with a smug expression plastered across her face.

"Kayla," Taylor greeted her warily as she sat down. The tension between them was palpable. "What do you want?"

Kayla smiled, her eyes gleaming with satisfaction. "I'm glad you came, Taylor. I didn't think you'd have the guts to face me after everything."

"Just get to the point," Taylor snapped, her patience wearing thin. "You said you could help Travis. How?"

Kayla leaned back in her seat, savoring the moment. "I'm going to give you two options, Taylor. Either you do what I say, or I'll do it myself."

Taylor's brow furrowed in confusion. "Do what? What are you talking about?"

Kayla's smile widened, becoming almost predatory. "Oh, come on, Taylor. You know exactly what I'm talking about. The reason for your recent hospital visit... I know everything."

Taylor's blood ran cold. She fought to keep her expression neutral, but her mind was racing. How could Kayla possibly know? She had been so careful to keep it a secret. "I don't know what you mean," she lied, her voice trembling slightly.

Kayla chuckled darkly and reached into her purse. She pulled out a folded piece of paper and placed it on the table between them. "Stop pretending, Taylor. I have the proof right here."

With trembling hands, Taylor unfolded the paper. Her heart dropped as she read the words on the page—her hospital report. It confirmed everything she had feared.

Taylor's breath hitched as she looked up at Kayla, her face pale. "How did you get this?"

Kayla shrugged casually. "I have my ways. You really thought you could keep something like this from me?"

Fear clawed at Taylor's insides. She had barely come to terms with her own situation, and now Kayla was holding it over her like a weapon. "What do you want, Kayla?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Kayla leaned in closer, her eyes narrowing with malice. "You know exactly what I want. Get rid of it.. If you don't, I'll make sure all of you are gone. I'll kill you and your precious babies, and I'll have Travis back. And trust me, I can do it."

Taylor's eyes widened in horror. She knew Kayla was serious. She had seen the lengths Kayla would go to in order to get what she wanted. "You're insane," Taylor whispered, tears welling up in her eyes.

Kayla smirked, clearly enjoying the power she held over Taylor. "Maybe I am. But you don't have a choice. You have 24 hours to go through with the abortion. If you don't, I'll make sure Travis's medical license is revoked, and he spends the rest of his life in prison. The choice is yours."

Taylor's hands shook as she stared at the cold, calculating woman in front of her. She couldn't let Kayla win, but the thought of losing her babies, of losing Travis, was too much to bear.

Kayla stood up, adjusting her coat. "Think about it, Taylor. You can either save Travis and do the right thing, or you can lose everything. The clock is ticking."

With that, Kayla turned and walked out of the café, leaving Taylor alone, paralyzed by fear and indecision. She sat there for what felt like hours, her mind racing. What was she going to do? How could she protect Travis and her unborn children from Kayla's wrath?

Finally, she stood up, her legs feeling like lead. She knew she couldn't waste any more time. She had to find a way to save them all.